Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 07/01/2023 at 14:45, Panders said:

ahh not me but my friend is going😆  Not a place I would hanker to go to honestly, but they need some warmth and a rest - she moved and down sized from a 5 bed to a 2 bed bungalow in November so many things to sort

Ooops sorry I must learn to read! 🙃

I thought you were off to get some sun!

I shall beat Sunnyday today and say tis Friday again!  Hope all are well and had a good week.  The rain has been relentless here this week and I cannot wait for everything to dry out! Even just walking on the road you get muddy at the moment, it’s not fun.  Have spoken to the doctor and am now waiting for an X-ray and then potentially a scan. I’m a tough old bird but the pain at times is awful. Despite my anxiety about any kind of medical intervention or procedure I just want it sorted. Mind you, with the poor old NHS as it is that could be a long wait!

Have a good weekend all.

• Like 3

Fingers crossed its sorted soon zigzag.

Yes it certainly is Friday again. New grandson is due in 5/6 weeks and time is just flying by! 🙀 

So,so week at preschool. I have to admit although I do actually enjoy going into work I am now well and truly ready to leave (I think). I did say i would continue until my granddaughter leaves, but she could (should really) go local to her for her last year.

Anyway it's a sunny but cold and windy day here today. I'm off out for a meal with an old friend this evening - hope the rain holds off until I'm back! 😊

Have a good weekend everyone

• Like 2

On 13/01/2023 at 08:46, zigzag said:

I shall beat Sunnyday today and say tis Friday again!  Hope all are well and had a good week.  The rain has been relentless here this week and I cannot wait for everything to dry out! Even just walking on the road you get muddy at the moment, it’s not fun.  Have spoken to the doctor and am now waiting for an X-ray and then potentially a scan. I’m a tough old bird but the pain at times is awful. Despite my anxiety about any kind of medical intervention or procedure I just want it sorted. Mind you, with the poor old NHS as it is that could be a long wait!

Have a good weekend all.

Well done lovely zigzag - it is indeed Friday again!

So pleased that you now have an xray in the offing...

I also try my hardest to avoid anything 'medical' but constant pain and no real answer is just no good at all - I am speaking for both of us here!

My appointment with the physio/muscular skeletal team has been postponed (no real surprise there) it will hopefully happen on Monday 23rd - I really hope that they offer a scan, I'm not really happy with the vague "it's not osteoarthritis so possibly you have torn something". I made a huge mistake on Wednesday, I decided that I would walk to my hairdresser appointment it is something like a mile round trip and I was sure that wouldn't do any 'damage' - how wrong was I, knee was absolute agony yesterday, all my own fault I had been told to "keep off it"...anyway, it is a bit easier today and I plan a very restful day

Knit and Natter continues to be great fun, I am so pleased that I bit the bullet and set it up.

Had a chat with the lovely lady that took my pre-school on when I retired - so sad to hear from her about all of the settings that are closing due to the poor funding levels, obviously made far worse by the cost of living crisis.

Onwards and upwards - hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1

On 13/01/2023 at 10:48, louby loo said:

Fingers crossed its sorted soon zigzag.

Yes it certainly is Friday again. New grandson is due in 5/6 weeks and time is just flying by! 🙀 

So,so week at preschool. I have to admit although I do actually enjoy going into work I am now well and truly ready to leave (I think). I did say i would continue until my granddaughter leaves, but she could (should really) go local to her for her last year.

Anyway it's a sunny but cold and windy day here today. I'm off out for a meal with an old friend this evening - hope the rain holds off until I'm back! 😊

Have a good weekend everyone

Oh louby douby - a new grandson in the near future - I am green with envy - do hope that our daughter has a 'good' delivery! 

I recognise what you are saying about staying on at preschool until your granddaughter leaves - I was in the same position with my youngest grandson - I felt that I was letting him down - but, you know what, he was just fine!

• Like 1

On 13/01/2023 at 11:40, sunnyday said:

I recognise what you are saying about staying on at preschool until your granddaughter leaves - I was in the same position with my youngest grandson - I felt that I was letting him down - but, you know what, he was just fine!

Me too Sunnyday - it just wasnt possible to keep the nursery going for another year - granddaughter absolutely fine, and as Louby Lou has said, she went closer to home and made a few friends she eventually went on to Reception with, as we were quite a way away from their village

• Like 3

On 07/01/2023 at 12:57, Panders said:

Im a firm believer in nursery work is bad for hips, back and knees, b

For sure, it sounds likes the years (and years) of up and down on the floor constantly and tiny chairs have taken it’s toll us, back in ratio 2.5 days a week and my knees are not happy about it @too old for this malarky now 😔 

looks like another wet and windy weekend for most of us, off to meet a friend in a cosy little cafe for breakfast, stay toasty all 🔥 

• Like 2

Hello all,

I feel like I’ve not been here for ages. I do hope that those of you with ‘iffy knees’ begin to get some answers soon. I’m also fed up of mud - not rain so much but mud is grim!

Last weekend we had a lovely 80th birthday celebration for my uncle in a very posh hotel I did just about manage to comport myself appropriately! Then on Monday Ofsted called so it has been a week of late nights and intense days! We have been expecting them for over a year so it was good to get it done. This weekend I am ‘regrouping’ - doing cleaning and cooking that hasn’t happened for a while. There is, of course, planning to be done for school which I am determined to get done today even if it means a late night so that I can have my first school free day since the 2nd January tomorrow! Right now though I am lying on the floor in front of the fire resting my eyes!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good morning all - 'tis Friday

Trying really hard to find something positive to say...er, um, er...🙃

Oh I know - the sun is shining - yay!

Knee continues to give me grief, had my follow up blood test for kidney function on Wednesday so should get news on that soon, muscular skeletal appointment on Monday...

How is your knee zigzag?

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1

Yep very sunny here today Sunnyday!  But super chilly in my view.  Having a lovely meet up with former members of staff tomorrow morning for brunchy/coffee.   Looking forward to a great catch up.   Will watch my carparking ticket this time, twice lately been caught out and been ticketed!  Too much chat!

• Like 1

Well, today has been eventful (for me!) 3 things have happened-

1) Daughter finally got Covid! - first case in direct family 😳  I collected GD as my DD was feeling so rough this morning and as I'd already spent yesterday with my GD climbing all over me and sitting on my head etc I may as well take a chance.  Anyway DD's partner came home form work early this afternoon as he tested postive, not actaully ill though. (at the moment) Think we'll be having a little visiter for the whole weekend now.

2) I claimed my Bus Pass 🙀🤣 

3) I actually put in to start my state pension!!!! 🙀🙀  ... more or less decided now.

And it's been very sunny but cold here today.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2023 at 14:14, Panders said:

Yep very sunny here today Sunnyday!  But super chilly in my view.  Having a lovely meet up with former members of staff tomorrow morning for brunchy/coffee.   Looking forward to a great catch up.   Will watch my carparking ticket this time, twice lately been caught out and been ticketed!  Too much chat!

Arrrgh parking tickets are painful

Hope you had a lovely catch up

On 20/01/2023 at 16:44, louby loo said:

Well, today has been eventful (for me!) 3 things have happened-

1) Daughter finally got Covid! - first case in direct family 😳  I collected GD as my DD was feeling so rough this morning and as I'd already spent yesterday with my GD climbing all over me and sitting on my head etc I may as well take a chance.  Anyway DD's partner came home form work early this afternoon as he tested postive, not actaully ill though. (at the moment) Think we'll be having a little visiter for the whole weekend now.

2) I claimed my Bus Pass 🙀🤣 

3) I actually put in to start my state pension!!!! 🙀🙀  ... more or less decided now.

And it's been very sunny but cold here today.

Oh no so sorry that your daughter has Covid - as Panders asked has she contacted her midwife? I really hope that you don't succumb - I will keep everything crossed for you

Yay to the bus pass and pension - I haven't applied for a bus pass - should do that really, our bus service is dire here though...

Have had my blood test result and am breathing a big sigh of relief...when I went for the repeated kidney function, I asked the lovely nurse what it was all about - she looked at the screen and said "I can't really tell you except that I can see your (something) level was 29 and it should be between 1 and 20" - that felt a bit worrying, but anyway the great news is that it was all normal this time - whoop!

• Like 3

On 20/01/2023 at 17:18, Panders said:

Has daughter informed midwife Louby loo?  

Yes, she did that first thing this morning xx

On 20/01/2023 at 18:14, sunnyday said:

- I haven't applied for a bus pass - should do that really, our bus service is dire here though...

Well, that's the thing - desperate for the bus pass for one reason, and one reason only.... photo ID! 🤣🤣  I still have my old paper drving license 😁

Me too Louby loo .  I had to renew passport a couple of years ago, just to prove my ID to a solicitor.  Should really crack on and do my driving licence.  Like Sunnyday the bus pass not that great in this area,   My friend lived in Bromley until recently she made a lot of use of hers could get up to town etc.  Would you be able to get into London on it for some great days out?   

On 20/01/2023 at 21:20, Panders said:

Me too Louby loo .  I had to renew passport a couple of years ago, just to prove my ID to a solicitor.  Should really crack on and do my driving licence.  Like Sunnyday the bus pass not that great in this area,   My friend lived in Bromley until recently she made a lot of use of hers could get up to town etc.  Would you be able to get into London on it for some great days out?   

Yes, I can get the bus in to the end of the central line- then straight in.  😁

Sorry I’m late on parade this week!  The rain has finally stopped down here and am hoping that the mud will slowly start to dry up now!  I got a date for my X-ray and it’s on the 2nd of Feb. 
My husband was horrified the other day when I told him he could apply for a bus pass as he is 61! But like many of you in rural areas it’s just not worth it as the service is so sketchy.  He also has a paper driving licence and when we test drive our car they needed to photocopy it. The look of shock on their faces when he took it out and it quite literally fell to pieces in front of them.  He is so stubborn and will not pay to have a photo card version!!

Louby Lou, I hope your daughter is ok and soon starts to feel better. Sunnyday glad the blood tests were normal, hope you get answers about your knee soon. I quite literally feel your pain.

Have a good week all.

• Like 2

Hello

'tis Friday again - how is everyone doing?

Lots of news here!

I had my knee appointment on Monday - it would seem that I have a 'torn meniscus' (cartilage) - I am doing my exercises religiously and following orders about 'staying off it' as much as possible - I think it's improving - back for another appointment next Monday

That's not the 'big' news though...

Mr S has been given the go ahead for lung reduction surgery - phew - such a long wait, but obviously we understand that everyone is waiting too - he has to complete eight weeks of 'rehabilitation' (physio) beforehand to give him the best chance of a successful outcome, and, of course, keep himself well in the meantime...

• Like 3

On 27/01/2023 at 11:21, sunnyday said:

Hello

'tis Friday again - how is everyone doing?

Lots of news here!

I had my knee appointment on Monday - it would seem that I have a 'torn meniscus' (cartilage) - I am doing my exercises religiously and following orders about 'staying off it' as much as possible - I think it's improving - back for another appointment next Monday

That's not the 'big' news though...

Mr S has been given the go ahead for lung reduction surgery - phew - such a long wait, but obviously we understand that everyone is waiting too - he has to complete eight weeks of 'rehabilitation' (physio) beforehand to give him the best chance of a successful outcome, and, of course, keep himself well in the meantime...

Hello everyone 😊

A good week for you sunnyday - and I hope all continues well for you both.

All well here, however the GD  has just had the sickness bug that's currently doing the rounds locally.... Yesterday arrived to visit us yesterday morning walked through the door, promptly laid on the floor saying she needed to sleep (the child that has never napped during the day!)... then got up and vomited everywhere 😱. Ended up spending most of the day here sleeping/vomitting  before she was well enough to risk the 20 min journey home.  Obvisouly today she is almost  back to her normal self 😂   (and my carpets have has a good clean!)

Hope everyone has a good weekend. 😊

• Confused 1

My son tore his meniscus playing rugby, he had to have an operation to have it removed. (He was only 16). Then a few years later he tore the one in the other knee and the flap kept getting caught in the kneecap! This had to be shaved off!  Are they going to operate Sunnyday? My knee is so painful especially when it gets stuck in one position and has to be straightened.  
Positive news about Mr S, let’s hope the wait is not too long.

On 27/01/2023 at 13:58, louby loo said:

Hello everyone 😊

A good week for you sunnyday - and I hope all continues well for you both.

All well here, however the GD  has just had the sickness bug that's currently doing the rounds locally.... Yesterday arrived to visit us yesterday morning walked through the door, promptly laid on the floor saying she needed to sleep (the child that has never napped during the day!)... then got up and vomited everywhere 😱. Ended up spending most of the day here sleeping/vomitting  before she was well enough to risk the 20 min journey home.  Obvisouly today she is almost  back to her normal self 😂   (and my carpets have has a good clean!)

Hope everyone has a good weekend. 😊

Thanks for your kind thoughts louby

Oh no - poor little girl

How is your daughter now?

On 27/01/2023 at 14:02, zigzag said:

My son tore his meniscus playing rugby, he had to have an operation to have it removed. (He was only 16). Then a few years later he tore the one in the other knee and the flap kept getting caught in the kneecap! This had to be shaved off!  Are they going to operate Sunnyday? My knee is so painful especially when it gets stuck in one position and has to be straightened.  
Positive news about Mr S, let’s hope the wait is not too long.

Crikey - I hope not - no mention of any operation for me at this time...

Your knee sounds so painful - I so hope that you get some proper help very soon - I know that you have your xray next week x