Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Well, we went pumpkin picking today... and the granddaughter hated it! Refused every photo opportunity going, and just wanted to leave the place 🎃🎃🎃.  But at least she enjoyed the pub lunch afterwards - she even sent 'one pea' wrapped in a napkin home for the cat to try! 🤣

• Like 1

I managed to cut a slice out of my left index finger - spent a couple of hours in A&E  very nice paramedic called Dave treated me.  think I would have preferred the pumpkin patch.

My granddaughters are off to pick a pumpkin on Friday - hope they like it!

On 25/10/2022 at 16:33, louby loo said:

Well, we went pumpkin picking today... and the granddaughter hated it! Refused every photo opportunity going, and just wanted to leave the place 🎃🎃🎃.  But at least she enjoyed the pub lunch afterwards - she even sent 'one pea' wrapped in a napkin home for the cat to try! 🤣

Oh louby that made me smile - bless her dear little girl sending a pea home for the cat - what did the cat think of it? 🤣

On 25/10/2022 at 17:36, Panders said:

I managed to cut a slice out of my left index finger - spent a couple of hours in A&E  very nice paramedic called Dave treated me.  think I would have preferred the pumpkin patch.

My granddaughters are off to pick a pumpkin on Friday - hope they like it!

Oh no - ouch - how is it now?

I have been enjoying a lazy two days so far - I must work this afternoon though. I was going to do it this morning but fell asleep on the sofa snuggled beneath layers of blankets! I was going to meet someone for tea this morning but when I messaged her it turned out that she’d got her dates mixed up and had meant it to be Saturday!

I finished a pair of socks last night and have started a temperature blanket which is one of my 50th year projects but that’s only a small amount of time each day so I need to find my next thing to work on.

• Like 3

On 28/10/2022 at 12:25, sunnyday said:

Hope everyone has enjoyed half-term - next stop ********* - can't mention it yet 🤣

My favourite 1/2 term!!!! 😁

Glad you had fun with the GC  today 😊, I've actually missed having my one this week as no childcare needed as mum and dad both off work (although we did do the ill fated pumkin picking 🤣)

• Like 1

On 28/10/2022 at 12:46, Froglet said:

... have started a temperature blanket which is one of my 50th year projects but that’s only a small amount of time each day so I need to find my next thing to work on.

Are you doing a row a day? I made mine in 2019,  anyway, my big mistake was croheting a hexagon a day - they are still all in a bag under bed as I never got around to joining them all up! Maybe that can be my 2023 challenge!

On 28/10/2022 at 13:33, louby loo said:

Are you doing a row a day? I made mine in 2019,  anyway, my big mistake was croheting a hexagon a day - they are still all in a bag under bed as I never got around to joining them all up! Maybe that can be my 2023 challenge!

I’m making granny squares with one round each day and am planning to do ‘join as you go’ which will hopefully keep it manageable. A friend knitted one a couple of years ago and got fed up with it as it became so heavy. I’ve chosen a non-traditional range of colours too - I’m not really a yellow/orange person and wanted it to b3 something I would use afterwards.

On 28/10/2022 at 13:33, louby loo said:

I got a UFO (Unfinished Object) out this week - a big granny square blanket (not little squares, one big one) I am going to finish it and donate to our nearest food bank - have checked that they want it

• Like 1

On 28/10/2022 at 14:00, Froglet said:

I’m making granny squares with one round each day and am planning to do ‘join as you go’ which will hopefully keep it manageable. A friend knitted one a couple of years ago and got fed up with it as it became so heavy. I’ve chosen a non-traditional range of colours too - I’m not really a yellow/orange person and wanted it to b3 something I would use afterwards.

Hmmm - I hold you totally responsible for the hour that I lost completely engrossed in Youtube crochet tutorials 🤦‍♀️

• Haha 1

On 28/10/2022 at 14:27, sunnyday said:

Hmmm - I hold you totally responsible for the hour that I lost completely engrossed in Youtube crochet tutorials 🤦‍♀️

Fine by me! It will have been a useful and enjoyable hour! We’re you looking for something in particular?

This is my blanket so far! 😉 As 52 squares is a strange number to sort into rows (it will end up being long and thin) I decided to make extra squares for days such as my birthday, Christmas, New year solstices, equinoxes etc. These will follow a pattern rather than the randomness of daily temperatures. Depending on what looks like when done I’ll create a border of some kind, maybe using all the colours and then will put it on the bed/sofa in my craft room (another, slightly more ambitious 50th year project!).

image.jpg

• Like 1

On 28/10/2022 at 16:12, Froglet said:

This is my blanket so far! 😉 As 52 squares is a strange number to sort into rows (it will end up being long and thin) I decided to make extra squares for days such as my birthday, Christmas, New year solstices, equinoxes etc. These will follow a pattern rather than the randomness of daily temperatures. Depending on what looks like when done I’ll create a border of some kind, maybe using all the colours and then will put it on the bed/sofa in my craft room (another, slightly more ambitious 50th year project!).

image.jpg

I love the colours - I have made small 'granny squares' in the past - but I really don't enjoy the joining...

• Like 1

On 28/10/2022 at 16:12, Froglet said:

Arh.... see i made 365 !! I really wish I'd joined as i went along. 

I used two colours each day for min/max temps.  I think i possibly used to many colours because if im honest I think it pretty ugly- which I think is another reason I haven't joined them all up.

It will be a rather large ugly blanket, and my daughter has already told me she does not wish to inherit it!!!😮🤣🤣 

Reading Sunnydays post is actually making me think maybe I should just make possibly 4/5 smaller blankets to donate.

• Like 1

On 28/10/2022 at 19:48, louby loo said:

Reading Sunnydays post is actually making me think maybe I should just make possibly 4/5 smaller blankets to donate.

I did check with our nearest food bank and they are very happy to receive 'lap blankets'...

• Like 1

On 28/10/2022 at 19:48, louby loo said:

Arh.... see i made 365 !! I really wish I'd joined as i went along. 

I used two colours each day for min/max temps.  I think i possibly used to many colours because if im honest I think it pretty ugly- which I think is another reason I haven't joined them all up.

When mine is done it should be mostly blues and greys. I chose a couple of pinky purples for higher temperatures. I did try all my colours next to each other to check I liked the combinations.

I think the lap blankets is a great idea - I’ve sat with blankets on my knee or round my neck recently and it’s made such a difference to how warm I am.

• Like 2