Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 17/03/2022 at 11:11, louby loo said:

It's probably been the though of Ofsted that kept you immune!!!!!!!!!!   Hope your symptoms are mild, look after yourself. and take the well deserved full 10 days off to fully recover xx

Hear hear Louby loo.   Wonder if Mrs. Ofsted caught a dose

On 17/03/2022 at 16:42, Panders said:

Hear hear Louby loo.   Wonder if Mrs. Ofsted caught a dose

Hey - birthday girl - you should be eating cake and drinking fizz! 😂

Mrs O was nice to zigzag so no wishing Covid on her!

Edited by sunnyday
  • Haha 1

Hello all - tis Friday again...

Hope everyone is okay?

We know poor zigzag is 'infected' and fm has a lot to deal with and Panders is another year older ...

Nothing at all exciting to report from here - oh 'Knit and Natter' was fun! I'm still trying to rid us of the 'Saharan sand' it is everywhere 🤦‍♀️ how does that travel 1400+ miles...

Hope the weekend is kind to all x

Good morning!  Back to earth with a bump!  However - state pension will kick in in a few weeks' time 😂  First call on it, some savings towards son's wedding next September seems a long way away at the moment but it will come quickly and a girl needs her outfit and accessories.💪

Hope you are ok zigzag getting plenty of rest and fluids.

Have a good weekend all.

• Like 1

Well, as Sunnyday said it certainly has been a full on week for lots of people o here!

Hope next week bring better times for everyone 😊

Panders- I have almost another year before that luxury .... however I did get a pleasant surprise that I can now claim a very small workplace pension from years ago! (its such a huge amount that I can't decide whether or not to defer for a year and possibly add another 0.000000005p to it 🤣)

• Like 1

On 18/03/2022 at 11:20, Panders said:

Good morning!  Back to earth with a bump!  However - state pension will kick in in a few weeks' time 😂  First call on it, some savings towards son's wedding next September seems a long way away at the moment but it will come quickly and a girl needs her outfit and accessories.💪

Hope you are ok zigzag getting plenty of rest and fluids.

Have a good weekend all.

On 18/03/2022 at 11:30, louby loo said:

Well, as Sunnyday said it certainly has been a full on week for lots of people o here!

Hope next week bring better times for everyone 😊

Panders- I have almost another year before that luxury .... however I did get a pleasant surprise that I can now claim a very small workplace pension from years ago! (its such a huge amount that I can't decide whether or not to defer for a year and possibly add another 0.000000005p to it 🤣)

Ooh - you two are not so far behind me age wise - phew - I didn't realise that 😂

louby - you have made me think - I have a very, very small pension thingy that I used to pay into - I deferred many times, need to look now at when I get this...

Right - back to the sand clearance! 

Oh louby I might need to borrow her 😂

Can anyone help me with some Maths - never was my strong point ☹️ the blanket that the Knit and Natterers are making will need to measure 80 x 90 inches - if our squares measure 5.5 inches how many squares do we need - I came up with an answer but I'm sure it's not right...

On 18/03/2022 at 13:31, Panders said:

my CSE level 4 maths says 1,309squares😂  how are you attaching the squares do the seams need to be in the calculation?

Flippin' heck - I hope that's a joke!!!

I have undertaken the task of adding a crotchet border to each square 🤦‍♀️ so have allowed that in the measurement...

On 18/03/2022 at 13:52, Panders said:

Nobody ever called me a genius at maths Sunnyday😂  ok one more go was your number closer to     240

Yes it was - I don't know why I am struggling with this so much...my number was 224

One of the ladies has said that she will join them up (hooray I didn't want to do that bit!) - so I am edging each one in white which should make that a much easier and neater job - she rang me last night and said "I think we need to lay all the squares out next week and agree how we all want them to look" - I said "oh yes, of course, whatever you think" - but I was actually thinking 'we are a long way off that stage'...

I will get Mr S on this number problem when he returns from fishing!

Just counted the squares - we have 103 so far - which is pretty good going I reckon!

Edited by sunnyday

On 18/03/2022 at 13:52, Panders said:

Nobody ever called me a genius at maths Sunnyday😂  ok one more go was your number closer to     240

On 18/03/2022 at 14:00, sunnyday said:

Yes it was - I don't know why I am struggling with this so much...my number was 224

On 18/03/2022 at 15:05, sunnyday said:

Aha! Mr S says '238' 🙃 

Well, I'm not even going to comment, and if you saw the finished size of my temperature blanket you'd know why!!🤣 

(I'm just hoping the little boy I made if for turns out to be a long lanky lad!)

• Like 2

On 18/03/2022 at 16:01, Panders said:

Im happy with that Sunnyday, tell Mr. S. I feel quite chuffed to have got it about right on my second go 😂.  Wonder if he drew a little diagram like I did 😉

🤣 No diagrams - he fiddled about with the calculator on his phone - said "remember 30.25" - fiddled about a bit more - said "what number did I say" and then came up with his answer! 🤣

I loved all the blanket calculations! Has anyone else discovered numberle - the number equivalent of wordle?

I am glad it’s the weekend! Middle niece has a dance show this evening which I’m going to. Her school had to dress as superheroes for comic relief yesterday and she chose to be Malala Youfsafzai - she looked stunning.

Littlest niece wore a clown costume cape thing originally intended for a baby so it’s now more of a hat, lots of red and sent us videos of her telling jokes giggling hysterically. Unfortunately heard from my brother at 4 this morning that she was having breathing difficulties last night so they took her to A&E. She seems to be ok now just exhausted so I hope it stays that way.

My school TDL is just silly at the moment. It’s also been one of those weeks where the team I lead has been dropping quiet when I walk into a room and being cross about ‘stuff’ they think I have or haven’t done whilst not actually coming to talk to me about it or appreciating the things that do to support them. I lost all my PPA time this week - supporting staff with challenging children, supporting the trainee who was having a wobble and covering for the head who’d unexpectedly had to go out but then the following day when I was meant to be getting leadership time to work on a specific project I gave a chunk of it so one of my team could have her PPA and she never said thank you.  It is what it is and it’s part of leadership but I’m a bit frustrated and fed up. 

On a positive note my headteacher told me earlier in the week that something I’d done was exactly what he needed from one of his leaders and yesterday he rang me in the evening just to cheer me on with something he knew I’d find difficult.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Froglets, what an horrendous time for you.   Support from your Head Teacher essential and venting a rant on here too.  Enjoy that dance show, it will take you out of yourself for a while.

Numberle - can you imagine - with my calculating brain - I'd be there all day until the next one came in😂

• Like 1

On 19/03/2022 at 08:28, Panders said:

Froglets, what an horrendous time for you.   Support from your Head Teacher essential and venting a rant on here too.  Enjoy that dance show, it will take you out of yourself for a while.

Numberle - can you imagine - with my calculating brain - I'd be there all day until the next one came in😂

Thanks Panders - just busy but finding it a little hard to ‘rise above’ things at the moment. My new head is lovely and it is making such a difference. My self-esteem has been somewhat knocked for various reasons in the last couple of years but he is doing a lot to build it again.

As for numberle - it’s not easy but it is satisfying! It’s more about logic than hard maths!

On 19/03/2022 at 08:19, Froglet said:

I loved all the blanket calculations! Has anyone else discovered numberle - the number equivalent of wordle?

I am glad it’s the weekend! Middle niece has a dance show this evening which I’m going to. Her school had to dress as superheroes for comic relief yesterday and she chose to be Malala Youfsafzai - she looked stunning.

Littlest niece wore a clown costume cape thing originally intended for a baby so it’s now more of a hat, lots of red and sent us videos of her telling jokes giggling hysterically. Unfortunately heard from my brother at 4 this morning that she was having breathing difficulties last night so they took her to A&E. She seems to be ok now just exhausted so I hope it stays that way.

My school TDL is just silly at the moment. It’s also been one of those weeks where the team I lead has been dropping quiet when I walk into a room and being cross about ‘stuff’ they think I have or haven’t done whilst not actually coming to talk to me about it or appreciating the things that do to support them. I lost all my PPA time this week - supporting staff with challenging children, supporting the trainee who was having a wobble and covering for the head who’d unexpectedly had to go out but then the following day when I was meant to be getting leadership time to work on a specific project I gave a chunk of it so one of my team could have her PPA and she never said thank you.  It is what it is and it’s part of leadership but I’m a bit frustrated and fed up. 

On a positive note my headteacher told me earlier in the week that something I’d done was exactly what he needed from one of his leaders and yesterday he rang me in the evening just to cheer me on with something he knew I’d find difficult.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Oh young Froglet - a very mixed update there...

I do hope that your littlest niece is okay and that your work 'stuff' calms down a bit for you

Hmmm - numberle - think I had better steer clear of that!😂

Don't know why I struggled so much with the blanket calculations - honestly, area is primary school maths - all of the squares are decorating my dining room table at the moment, need to leave them there to focus my mind and to constantly remind me that I have boldly stated "oh yes, I can do the borders, that's no problem at all" 🤦‍♀️😂 

Loving the skill mix within our newly formed Knit and Natter - some people are super-skilled, some like me can cope with the basics, some have never knitted anything and it has been great to teach them to cast on, knit just garter stitch and to cast off and best of all we have a lady who suffered a stroke two years ago and was convinced that she wouldn't be able to knit now - guess what - she can! 

• Like 1

I love the mix you get at groups like your knit and natter too Sunnyday but the way a common craft joins everyone.

I think the complexity of the blanket calculations is that it isn’t really just area (at least not in my head!). I divided the wished for side length by the size of the square to give the number of squares for each side then multiplied together.

On an unrelated note I was wondering if any of you have experience of regularly wearing ear plugs or knowing other adults who do in the way that children who struggle with noise sensitivity or sensory overload wear ear defenders. I have been finding environments like staff meetings where there are lots of people talking at the same time particularly difficult recently and was contemplating something to help block some of the sound out. Ear defenders felt a little too dramatic though!

• Like 1

On 17/03/2022 at 10:38, zigzag said:

So tested positive this morning! Big week, Ofsted and Covid!

Oh zigzag, I hope you’re not to understand the weather with it, I’m sure these things get us when we can finally take a breath, whether getting to a holiday or something stressful like Ofsted inspection being over after waiting for it for sooooooo long, rest up and get better soon 

• Like 1

Yesterday was the first day that I felt half human and managed to do a clean of the house and a potter in the greenhouse. So starting to recover I hope! The second night with it I had a temperature of 104 which was incredibly unpleasant! I didn’t realise just how hot I was but luckily my husband checked on me and next thing I knew was covering me in damp tea towels! Still testing positive yesterday so will see what today says.  So that’s three out of four staff who have had it. Luckily as two of us got it, one was just returning so we have managed to stay open to most children.  The school also sent staff home yesterday as well. It’s rife in the village, but the way people are behaving it doesn't surprise me. I have only been outside in our back garden and won’t be venturing out until I have two negative tests, but people who have it are dropping their children to school and carrying on as normal. 
Anyway, don’t start me ranting about inconsiderate people as it really makes me so cross! Thank you for asking how I am. Xx

On 22/03/2022 at 08:16, zigzag said:

Yesterday was the first day that I felt half human and managed to do a clean of the house and a potter in the greenhouse. So starting to recover I hope! The second night with it I had a temperature of 104 which was incredibly unpleasant! I didn’t realise just how hot I was but luckily my husband checked on me and next thing I knew was covering me in damp tea towels! Still testing positive yesterday so will see what today says.  So that’s three out of four staff who have had it. Luckily as two of us got it, one was just returning so we have managed to stay open to most children.  The school also sent staff home yesterday as well. It’s rife in the village, but the way people are behaving it doesn't surprise me. I have only been outside in our back garden and won’t be venturing out until I have two negative tests, but people who have it are dropping their children to school and carrying on as normal. 
Anyway, don’t start me ranting about inconsiderate people as it really makes me so cross! Thank you for asking how I am. Xx

You poor, poor thing - sending lots of healing vibes your way xxx

• Like 1

Oh dear goodness - I am not safe to be let out on my own - just went to pick up a repeat prescription for my dear old MIL - conversation went like this

Me: Repeat prescription for (MIL's name) please

Receptionist: Was it ordered in February?

Me: February, no not at all, my husband ordered it last month...

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ My excuse is that it is such a lovely day I thought it was summer 🤣

• Haha 3

On 22/03/2022 at 12:16, sunnyday said:

Oh dear goodness - I am not safe to be let out on my own - just went to pick up a repeat prescription for my dear old MIL - conversation went like this

Me: Repeat prescription for (MIL's name) please

Receptionist: Was it ordered in February?

Me: February, no not at all, my husband ordered it last month...

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ My excuse is that it is such a lovely day I thought it was summer 🤣

You do make me laugh! 

• Like 1