Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

I can't believe it's Friday already.

I have actually done practically nothing on my work TDL (I have literally just made one) 😳😩

I've done the registers- but not printed off as probably late changes! (I feel I I don't print off there will be no changes, if I do there'll be loads!!!)

I've printed of the new frameworks act- but not really read anything just skim read.

I do need to do an 'outbreak management plan' apparently 🤷‍♀️   (I intend to just google and develop something from there!)

Still waiting for the hall updates to be finished.  We have been told not to panic as we have until 11th (even beyond) to get ourselves sorted, but I just want it done now.   We go back on the 1st, and to be honest I wanted to do it all by myself and have a serious chuck out- now it will be up to 7 women all having there own ideas of what needs keeping/chucking!!   If that's not a  hot recipe for friction in work place I'm not sure what is!😭

If I'm honest I actually feel less motivated to go back than this time last year.  Time for a serious retirement plan. I have my daughter's friends children with us and I really want to see their time out with us though, and in Jan I will probably have my granddaughter in for one morning- but not sure how that will work out 😳🤣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Panders said:

Youngest grandchild going in to have a nasogastric  tube fitted this afternoon.   She had one as a very small baby for a few weeks, but this time I think she'll be up for the fight!   Goodness knows how they will get it done.

Hope all goes well!

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Thank you zigzag.

He is still using his nebuliser and taking both anti-biotics and steroids, but I think there is some improvement, just need to keep him 'quiet', he was told years ago at the hospital that he must keep his physical activity 'up', I tell him time and time again that that doesn't apply when he is 'poorly' but it tends to fall on deaf ears, so in the end I lose patience and ask him (when he is fighting for breath) "are you trying to give yourself a heart attack" 🤦‍♀️

Keep nagging him - I'm glad he's doing a bit better.

Well, I've had a lazy week - knitting and reading.  I have done nothing on my school TDL and am away with family from tomorrow for the last week of the holiday so it won't get done then.  I'm beating myself up about it, I admit that I have been lazy this summer but it has been so lovely to enjoy weeks of no pressure at all.  I haven't even challenged myself to try out any new baking recipes.  I seem to find it harder and harder to maintain any kind of balance with work.  I don't mean that I do too much work (although that is probably the case sometimes) but that it seems to be all or nothing - I'm either at school working hard or at home when my brain and body rebel and it's really hard to motivate myself to do anything when I'm at home - whether that be jobs around the house, or necessary school jobs.  I guess that had better be my new school year resolution.

Apologies for the moan - despite being 'off school' everything feels a bit much at the moment.

Wish me luck for tomorrow - I am driving mum and dad to our holiday venue in dad's car.  Once we get there it will be fine but I might need a large dose of patience to get me through it.  Can't wait to see my small people though!

• Like 3

Youngest grandchild going in to have a nasogastric  tube fitted this afternoon.   She had one as a very small baby for a few weeks, but this time I think she'll be up for the fight!   Goodness knows how they will get it done.

Hope it goes well.   My grand daughter had to be 'glued' at the weekend (classic forehead job) that was bad enough.:(

13 minutes ago, Froglet said:

1) I seem to find it harder and harder to maintain any kind of balance with work.  I don't mean that I do too much work (although that is probably the case sometimes) but that it seems to be all or nothing - I'm either at school working hard or at home when my brain and body rebel and it's really hard to motivate myself to do anything when I'm at home - whether that be jobs around the house, or necessary school jobs. 

2)Wish me luck for tomorrow - I am driving mum and dad to our holiday venue in dad's car.  Once we get there it will be fine but I might need a large dose of patience to get me through it.  Can't wait to see my small people though!

1) That explains me precisely too !!!

2). I feel your pain!  I loved both my parents dearly - but driving them anywhere took an incredible amount of patience and mental preparation  🙂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, louby loo said:

1) That explains me precisely too !!!

2). I feel your pain!  I loved both my parents dearly - but driving them anywhere took an incredible amount of patience and mental preparation  🙂

So glad it's not just me - thanks for the reassurance!  I've been pondering ways to manage it once school starts back again.  I think I'm going to try to be more ruthless about leaving at 5pm regularly rather than 6.  I'm also going to try decided on one job to take home each day (rather than my entire teacher bag of unfinished projects) and making myself do that one.  I hope that gives me a sense of achievement and I feel more motivated to do other things.   As for the parents... Ditto, love them dearly  and would do anything for them but...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panders said:

Oh poor little love - I will keep her in my thoughts, do let us know how she gets on x

Pretty depressing feeling when the coolmilk email came today knowing that when it comes next week I won’t just be able to ignore it and will have to tell them how much milk I need for the following week 😢 

The TDL is going ok, the curriculum/pedagogy overview ✔️ new starting point sheets for parents done ✔️(given up waiting to see if WTEW is being updated)  registers ✔️ (not printed), sorting/tidying in hand but a way to go (I won’t need to worry about other opinions as no one will offer to help anyway).

This link might be of use if still needing an outbreak management plan, no idea why if Slough PHE can manage one the rest of them can’t 🤷‍♀️ I haven’t done one yet, or updated my Covid risk assessment (mainly because I can’t get my head around children coming when a family member could be knowingly at home with Covid) and I haven’t updated any policies ….maybe the TDL isn’t going as ok as I thought 🤨

https://thelink.slough.gov.uk/sites/default/files/2021-01/2020.12.18_A4ActionCard_Earlyyearssettings_0.pdf

Good luck with the chauffeuring froglet, sending any patience I can muster your way, though it isn’t much these days 🙄

• Like 4

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

I can't believe it's Friday already.

I have actually done practically nothing on my work TDL (I have literally just made one) 😳😩

If I'm honest I actually feel less motivated to go back than this time last year.  Time for a serious retirement plan. I have my daughter's friends children with us and I really want to see their time out with us though, and in Jan I will probably have my granddaughter in for one morning- but not sure how that will work out 😳🤣

Making of the old TDL is a positive step forward louby!

I'm sure your granddaughter will be just fine with you - I have had all of my grandchildren with me at pre-school without any problems at all (littlest will be going back in September without me, but one staff member (friend) is staying on, so I am sure that he will be fine with her)

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

Hope all goes well!

Keep nagging him - I'm glad he's doing a bit better.

Well, I've had a lazy week - knitting and reading.  I have done nothing on my school TDL and am away with family from tomorrow for the last week of the holiday so it won't get done then.  I'm beating myself up about it, I admit that I have been lazy this summer but it has been so lovely to enjoy weeks of no pressure at all.  I haven't even challenged myself to try out any new baking recipes.  I seem to find it harder and harder to maintain any kind of balance with work.  I don't mean that I do too much work (although that is probably the case sometimes) but that it seems to be all or nothing - I'm either at school working hard or at home when my brain and body rebel and it's really hard to motivate myself to do anything when I'm at home - whether that be jobs around the house, or necessary school jobs.  I guess that had better be my new school year resolution.

Apologies for the moan - despite being 'off school' everything feels a bit much at the moment.

Wish me luck for tomorrow - I am driving mum and dad to our holiday venue in dad's car.  Once we get there it will be fine but I might need a large dose of patience to get me through it.  Can't wait to see my small people though!

Don't beat yourself up young Froglet - you work so hard - you need a break x

Good luck with the drive tomorrow and have a lovely time with your family

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Pretty depressing feeling when the coolmilk email came today knowing that when it comes next week I won’t just be able to ignore it and will have to tell them how much milk I need for the following week 😢 

The TDL is going ok, the curriculum/pedagogy overview ✔️ new starting point sheets for parents done ✔️(given up waiting to see if WTEW is being updated)  registers ✔️ (not printed), sorting/tidying in hand but a way to go (I won’t need to worry about other opinions as no one will offer to help anyway).

This link might be of use if still needing an outbreak management plan, no idea why if Slough PHE can manage one the rest of them can’t 🤷‍♀️ I haven’t done one yet, or updated my Covid risk assessment (mainly because I can’t get my head around children coming when a family member could be knowingly at home with Covid) and I haven’t updated any policies ….maybe the TDL isn’t going as ok as I thought 🤨

https://thelink.slough.gov.uk/sites/default/files/2021-01/2020.12.18_A4ActionCard_Earlyyearssettings_0.pdf

Good luck with the chauffeuring froglet, sending any patience I can muster your way, though it isn’t much these days 🙄

Wow you have been busy Mousie - I have no idea what an 'outbreak management plan' is - I take it that it's Covid related - I will follow your link and have a look!

Completely agree with your sentiment about not understanding how children can attend with a potentially infected person at home - seems like a recipe for disaster to me...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

Thanks that's really useful 😁 Says it's date Dec 20- but seems pretty update to me? - and most importantly it has all the information that we need in a good clear format.

The one thing I have done is update ALL the policies! (I'd totally forgotten I'd climbed that hill🙀)     I bought the new EYA ones. I don't think they are as good as the last ones... and I really can't remember if it  even has a smoking one in there 😳  That said- I have printed off a 'no vaping' sign ! 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Thanks that's really useful 😁 Says it's date Dec 20- but seems pretty update to me? - and most importantly it has all the information that we need in a good clear format.

The one thing I have done is update ALL the policies! (I'd totally forgotten I'd climbed that hill🙀)     I bought the new EYA ones. I don't think they are as good as the last ones... and I really can't remember if it  even has a smoking one in there 😳  That said- I have printed off a 'no vaping' sign ! 

You’ve achieved lots 👏 

I’ve never bought into the EYA policies, it irks me that we get nothing for their membership as it is and then have to pay extra for the policies, a bit like my refusal to pay extra for a garden bin!

Thank you for the reminder about the no vaping in sign.

RIP Jill Murphy …..Peace at last is on my half done core book list 😔 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Oh poor little love - I will keep her in my thoughts, do let us know how she gets on x

Not gone well I'm afraid.   Took 4 to hold her down and then she pulled it out anyway.    It will now need to be a more invasive procedure via operation called a PEG.😞

• Sad 4

16 minutes ago, Panders said:

Not gone well I'm afraid.   Took 4 to hold her down and then she pulled it out anyway.    It will now need to be a more invasive procedure via operation called a PEG.😞

Oh no, poor little mite, it must be so traumatising for her. I hope everything goes ok with the next procedure.

17 minutes ago, Panders said:

So sorry to hear that. 😪  You just want to step in and say 'just do it to me instead'  

1 minute ago, zigzag said:

Not sure if this is any use to anyone or not, but will pop it here.

2021.08.13 Schools Flowchart v13.pdf 1.24 MB · 1 download

Thank-you, that's helpful too. I actually feel pretty let down by our LA at the moment. They used to be fantastic but we have had not heard a thing form them, and nothing much on the website either - well they made it so difficult to navigate there could possibly be stuff there.

We have just been awarded a £500 PPE grant 🙀  Not sure if that they are expecting trouble ahead- or just incredibly guilty about the lack of support last year!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Thank-you, that's helpful too. I actually feel pretty let down by our LA at the moment. They used to be fantastic but we have had not heard a thing form them, and nothing much on the website either - well they made it so difficult to navigate there could possibly be stuff there.

We have just been awarded a £500 PPE grant 🙀  Not sure if that they are expecting trouble ahead- or just incredibly guilty about the lack of support last year!

Fantastic Louby on the grant front 👏 my LA have been less than helpful through it all tbh and then send emails patting themselves on the back for the great job they’re doing from the safety of home 😠

Have EYA included anything to do with witchcraft in their updated safeguarding policy? I haven’t done that yet either.

Thanks for the updated flow chart zig-zag 😊 

Oh I so sorry, poor little love, poor parents too, that must have been so traumatic for them...

48 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Yay! Well I think 'yay' but I see what you mean...hopefully you can stock up but never need to use any of it

26 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Have EYA included anything to do with witchcraft in their updated safeguarding policy? I haven’t done that yet either.

Just checked.  I remember now I added it as a bullet point.  I'm not particularly impressed with the policies the safeguarding has a lot less information than their last one - it relies on heavily on linked document this time. It also has quite a few errors, and they actually still had about exclusion by household in the suitability policy. 

Another example is this (further information can be found - Safeguarding Children from Abuse Linked to a Belief in Spirit Possession (HMG 200)= the year 200??

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, louby loo said:

Just checked.  I remember now I added it as a bullet point.  I'm not particularly impressed with the policies the safeguarding has a lot less information than their last one - it relies on heavily on linked document this time. It also has quite a few errors, and they actually still had about exclusion by household in the suitability policy. 

Another example is this (further information can be found - Safeguarding Children from Abuse Linked to a Belief in Spirit Possession (HMG 200)= the year 200??

That's very poor louby - I would complain (I actually really would)