Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

6 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Early Years Early years settings (including nurseries and childminders) should continue to allow all children/pupils to attend as normal. School-based nurseries in primary schools have discretion to follow arrangements for the primary school. Attendance expectations: Early years Attendance at early years and childcare settings is not compulsory.

Copy and paste job - my little black and white furry friend 

Sorry Sunnyday, didn't quite read that properly first time round!   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I bought myself some time before Christmas I told my parents that we would not be returning until 11th January (this was before we went into Tier 4, I wanted to put some space between Christmas relaxation of rules and first day back)

That was a very good idea.    We can assume that the figures are going to rise in the next fortnight or so.   I am very much hoping that people took heed just before Christmas and didn't mix as much as they were allowed to.    I haven't done any mixing since 24th, and I don't intend to

1 minute ago, Panders said:

That was a very good idea.    We can assume that the figures are going to rise in the next fortnight or so.   I am very much hoping that people took heed just before Christmas and didn't mix as much as they were allowed to.    I haven't done any mixing since 24th, and I don't intend to

No we didn't either, we followed the rules to the letter - bet there were plenty who didn't though

8 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

So what are you thinking louby?

Are you due to open on Monday?

Well, we open for children Wednesday, and I'm very much sad to say we will be offering a babysitting service rather than childcare and 'education'  if you get what what I mean.

Luckily we have a large hall- and I plan for children down one end....staff up the other!🤣

We haven't actually got a proper outside area 😬

7 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Just a thought- are settings going to be massively understaffed if the staff them selves have children in primary school?  given that they  shouldn't really be  ask friends and family to look after them.

Very good point - doesn't apply to my setting (we are 'mature' to say the least) but, yes it will impact some settings I'm sure

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Very good point - doesn't apply to my setting (we are 'mature' to say the least) but, yes it will impact some settings I'm sure

Same here 🤣  Well I lie- I do have one whippersnapper who has child in year 6 - but they have an older brother that will be off college... phew!

37 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Actually my question has been answered by my LA (very quick of the mark I must say!). Our staff are critical workers so their children can attend school.

20 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Actually my question has been answered by my LA (very quick of the mark I must say!). Our staff are critical workers so their children can attend school.

Doh! Of course, think we should have known that between us! 🤦‍♀️

• Haha 1

Hi Guys...sorry needed a break over Christmas!

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

My thoughts this morning........'sod this for a game of soldiers' I am considering pushing my start date to 18th January in line with the Primary school

However, I may change my mind later 🤷‍♀️ headcount week here is from 18th.....

I would definitely close if i were you. If the school is closed. All our schools are open but we are in a really high rate area, i don't get it. If it wasn't safe in March why is it safe now! ???

On another c-19 note does anyone know what we are doing about after school clubs? the guidance is not really clear and the EYA are saying no but the guidance appears to say yes. I'm confused! we take EY and school aged children for it up to the age of 9 and they are in a mixed age group.

Any help gratefully received

• Thanks 1

this just published makes it clear(ish!)

Subject to any local tiers of restriction, out-of-school settings and wraparound childcare should continue to operate for face-to-face provision between 4 and 18 January 2021 for children who eligible to attend school for full-time on-site provision. This includes children who are:3

• in early years settings
  • in primary school (however, if the primary school is one of the small number that has been asked to restrict access to children of critical workers and vulnerable children at the start of this term, then only those cohorts should attend out-of-school settings and wraparound childcare)
  • in the secondary school-age cohorts eligible for full-time on-site provision - vulnerable children, and children of critical workers
  • in exam year groups (primarily pupils in year 11 and 13) (from week commencing 11 January)

Children who are home educated can also continue to attend wraparound childcare and out-of-school settings.

Pupils who are not eligible for on-site education provision in January 2021 should not attend:

• out-of-school settings (such as extracurricular clubs or supplementary schools)
  • wraparound childcare (before and after-school clubs)

Providers of out-of-school activities that continue to operate for face-to-face provision during this period should ensure that they make parents aware that their setting should only be accessed if their child is in one of the eligible groups outlined.

5 hours ago, sunnyday said:

My thoughts this morning........'sod this for a game of soldiers' I am considering pushing my start date to 18th January in line with the Primary school

However, I may change my mind later 🤷‍♀️ headcount week here is from 18th.....

I'm actually beyond fuming now.  We are in the 2/3rd highest LA area in the country and they still think it is safe for us to open.

I think I'm going with only opening mornings for the first few weeks- as lunchtime is definitely our 'pinch point' of the day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, louby loo said:

I'm actually beyond fuming now.  We are in the 2/3rd highest LA area in the country and they still think it is safe for us to open.

I think I'm going with only opening mornings for the first few weeks- as lunchtime is definitely our 'pinch point' of the day.

It's just not on louby, I agree with you, fuming is the right word

If it is not safe to open Primary schools then it is not safe for us either

I'm sick to death of Early years being treated like some sort of 'afterthought' - well actually we are not even that

• Thanks 1

Well its official!  Our LA topped the number one chart for Corona this Christmas!! 

sunnyday- I'd write to our MP but pointless as she does nothing at the best of times, and, as deputy speaker she's pretty limited to what she can do anyway 😤

I stand corrected - East of England number one, not sure about the the whole country- but I know we're pretty high.

Edited by louby loo
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, louby loo said:

Well its official!  Our LA topped the number one chart for Corona this Christmas!! 

sunnyday- I'd write to our MP but pointless as she does nothing at the best of times, and, as deputy speaker she's pretty limited to what she can do anyway 😤

Oh Louby, I'm so sorry - what a horrible situation for you

Just received a negative test result which is an enormous relief.  I still feel rubbish but at least its a normal ‘I’m on school holiday’ one.  The relief is enormous, I was so scared that I might have passed something on to Mum or Dad.

Wishing you all a healthy and peaceful new year, let’s hope it’s better for everyone. Thank you for another year of support, giggles and understanding xxx

• Like 6