Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Well that makes perfect sense now Nana 💪  I can see his motivation there.   I can see the window in the digger and the scoop - well done that boy, and obvious choosing colours for a purpose - which I had wondered - but you can never second guess them

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

It's the first time that he has produced any form of representational drawing - I loved that it was a digger, he is digger mad! 

Well to be fair I could see it involved  digging - I could a mud and 'scoop' type arm.... I just assumed as it was yellow it must be 'sunnyday'!

• Haha 2

Actually,  have any on you played 'Rapidoe"   (think that's what it called).

I have to say it the only family non-board board game I've every excelled at. Nobody could work out how I could interpret play dough creations with such speed and accuracy  ...... being able to follow two play dough related conversations at once  obviously helped too!🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Good to hear the news about Mr S. I have spent the morning wrapping advent boxes, just got to the post office in time with them. This afternoon I have had a sleep - not even a nap just full on out cold in the sofa. I have decided not to attemp the school TDL today! 😉

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

today...mother ...are we having a christmas photo ?

no i'm really sorry we had to cancel it

Well school did theirs

Yes the day before lockdown and we had ours booked the day after!!! 

....😬 

Yes, we were lucky we did our 2 weeks earlier this year!  Usually we have slightly more formal ones for Christmas, but they were done the park with the autumn leaves :)  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Just wanted to say ‘Happy Advent!’ My advent boxes for my family arrived yesterday, they got to watch the movie I made and open the first present today! It seems to be going down well! 😊

It's such a nice feeling when you know your  craft work is appreciated :) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, louby loo said:

It's such a nice feeling when you know your  craft work is appreciated :) 

I haven’t exactly crafted anything for this one - mostly chocolates, crackers jokes, candles etc. The most crafting I did was the DIY snowflake kit - I folded up some pieces of white paper!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

😂I've begun the elf on the shelf.  This year I promised myself an easier time and so I have a Christmas fairy instead who is going to be helpful, adorable and treat me!   Grandchildren text this morning to say their elves had arrived, so I sent back a photo of my fairy.   However,  I could hear a tapping on the window which was rather annoying and insistent and when I checked - there he was, blaming his late arrival on the fog and having lost his way.   What is more he had no mask on. So I promptly trapped him in a kilner jar and he is now quarantined on top of the fridge until the 15th December - phew!

image.jpeg

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Froglet said:

Just wanted to say ‘Happy Advent!’ My advent boxes for my family arrived yesterday, they got to watch the movie I made and open the first present today! It seems to be going down well! 😊

Such a lovely idea - well done young Froglet!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

today...mother ...are we having a christmas photo ?

no i'm really sorry we had to cancel it

Well school did theirs

Yes the day before lockdown and we had ours booked the day after!!! 

....😬 

I will just add a grrrr on your behalf!

• Haha 2

News from here is not great - our lovely Primary school has had two year group bubbles burst ☹️

I have just sent an update to all of my parents - we are affected because some of children have siblings in these year groups - I wonder what the reaction will be, will my setting be half empty tomorrow.......

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, sunnyday said:

News from here is not great - our lovely Primary school has had two year group bubbles burst ☹️

I have just sent an update to all of my parents - we are affected because some of children have siblings in these year groups - I wonder what the reaction will be, will my setting be half empty tomorrow.......

Ahh, sorry to hear this Sunnyday.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sunnyday said:

It is horrible - we recently had 2 different year group bubbles close 120 children not in school - it was so quiet!

54 minutes ago, Froglet said:

It is horrible - we recently had 2 different year group bubbles close 120 children not in school - it was so quiet!

That's awful

Our school is fairly small - so ii is sixty missing children - my heart bleeds for the lovely headteacher and of course for the children and families affected

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Just received email from school - another Year group is closed from today........I really don't know what to do, this is all getting too real now

thats very worrying. can you contact the LEA or PHE and get advice? how many are siblings?

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for responding fm, very much appreciated

The situation has moved on, the whole school has now closed, parents had to collect their children at 11am

My situation is that I have one family who are waiting for test results for children at school - whole family (including the one that I have with me) are obviously all self-isolating

I am just off the phone, rang LA for advice, I knew what their take would be it was along the lines of "unless you have a child attending your setting who has tested positive then carry on as usual", the other priceless piece of advice was "if you feel especially at risk, you stay home and your staff should carry on without you" - yeah right, I am not doing that, how can I possibly ask that of my team - oh and "follow the guidance issued"......

I am going to have a long hard think about all of this, it all feels very unsafe, almost all of my children have siblings at school

Sorry chaps you will have to be my 'sounding board' - Mr S tries hard but he has no grasp of how this all works

For what it's worth, I couldn't give a flying flamingo about funding, LA seem to think that is the be all and end all - it's really not

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Thanks so much for responding fm, very much appreciated

The situation has moved on, the whole school has now closed, parents had to collect their children at 11am

My situation is that I have one family who are waiting for test results for children at school - whole family (including the one that I have with me) are obviously all self-isolating

I am just off the phone, rang LA for advice, I knew what their take would be it was along the lines of "unless you have a child attending your setting who has tested positive then carry on as usual", the other priceless piece of advice was "if you feel especially at risk, you stay home and your staff should carry on without you" - yeah right, I am not doing that, how can I possibly ask that of my team - oh and "follow the guidance issued"......

I am going to have a long hard think about all of this, it all feels very unsafe, almost all of my children have siblings at school

Sorry chaps you will have to be my 'sounding board' - Mr S tries hard but he has no grasp of how this all works

For what it's worth, I couldn't give a flying flamingo about funding, LA seem to think that is the be all and end all - it's really not

Your preschool - your rules.  

Discuss with staff and go with gut feeling.     All very well for the LA to give advice from their safe ivory tower - they really haven't a clue! 😤

• Thanks 1

Thanks louby - you are right of course

Feeling a little more positive now, will discuss with staff again tomorrow (might be virtually all we did do today) 

Only nine days to go - can we make it - who knows...…

I think our numbers will drop off quite quickly now that school is closed, we will see

• Like 1

Sunnyday you do what you need to do to keep everyone safe.  As Louby quite rightly says, all these rules and guidelines are made by people sitting in a clean, sanitised office  where they wear masks and keep socially distanced. I challenge them to come and work normally with any of us. We all know this means cuddles, snot, coughing the occasional lick! See how they feel then.  I hope you are ok, let us know what you do and how things develop.

I put a warning out to parents this week, saying that we have reports of three children with tummy aches and not quite right and another with a rash. Quite common symptoms in Covid in children.  Just asked parents to keep children at home if they have these symptoms just as a precaution (even though most likely it’s just a bug) Well I have to say, it’s like I asked them to keep them off for months!  I do feel that people down here have become very complacent (lower cases and tier 1) but it really makes me cross and frustrated. It’s almost like they don’t care.  Maybe I should suggest they all watch the programme from channel 4 last night ‘surviving Covid’  did you see it? It was truly sobering.

• Thanks 1

It may not be any help but I know that when we had to close bubbles (whether due to a positive case for a member of staff or a child) siblings in other bubbles did not need to isolate because they had not been in 'close contact' with the affected person.  Close contact as in the definition about within 1m for 10 minutes or 2m for 15.  If their sibling later developed symptoms then yes they had to isolate too.

We were very strict about children who were in a closed bubble were isolating and were not allowed on site at all which meant there were some issues with siblings whose parents then couldn't bring them.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for taking the time to respond zigzag and young Froglet, very much appreciated

I honestly can't believe that Kent is in such a mess with this - we were doing really well, zigzag your parents should think on - we were in Tier 1 before the national lockdown

Will see what tomorrow brings...….at least I know it won't be a message from school telling me which year group is closing - that horse has bolted ☹️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1