Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

34 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I wish to upset anyone but it’s been a long week already and I know this Friday will be a challenging one so I wanted to share something that made me smile.  Festive sock yarn has just been launched! See I didn’t actually say the forbidden word! 😉

I mean I don’t wish to upset anyone! Can’t edit for some reason. In other good news I have just finished a rainbow sock for my niece...

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I wish to upset anyone but it’s been a long week already and I know this Friday will be a challenging one so I wanted to share something that made me smile.  Festive sock yarn has just been launched! See I didn’t actually say the forbidden word! 😉

Off to google 'festive sock yarn'

29 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Young Froglet - I have been looking at yarn and sock knitting patterns - very tempted to give it a go - figure I have a 'mentor' if I went wrong!

Lol - I only started in the summer having not knitted for years but if you’re serious then I recommend looking at winwickmum.co.uk and following her ‘sockalong’.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Froglet said:

I mean I don’t wish to upset anyone! Can’t edit for some reason. In other good news I have just finished a rainbow sock for my niece...

2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

You are tiptoeing round very dangerous territory with my friend Sue, she'll be after you if you accidentally say the 'mishmosh' word early

Never to early for the word in my book .............🌲 

(well to be fair if they're asking me to book meals, and flog me tacky decorations etc, ... then to early- but to just talk about it fine, and us crafters have to think early  :) )

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rebecca said:

You are tiptoeing round very dangerous territory with my friend Sue, she'll be after you if you accidentally say the 'mishmosh' word early

I’m very well aware of that and am terrified but I did carefully plan what I wanted to say to avoid it. Plus socks take time - I couldn’t leave them until 24th December! 😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

DON'T WORRY GANG IVE GOT YOUR BACK

🎅🤶🎅🤶🎅🤶🎅🤶🤶🎅🤶🎅🤶🎅🤶🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️

Brilliant - just what I needed to make me smile!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

You rebel you 🤣

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

I've found my people 😁😳

• Haha 2

Well I am team Sue! I braved a trip to B and M the other day (not done more than click and collect since lockdown) and the place is full of Ch*****as stuff🤬 I was the grumpy middle aged women wandering the aisles shaking my head and moaning about it only being September! Way to early for my liking!

• Yes I noticed them in our one too - just opened here in August.    I also noted that Tesco were selling the usual tubs of toffees about 3 weeks ago at £3.50 per tub, now £4.00!     Mostly it creeps in under the wire for a while, but you just know its all there in the warehouse waiting to go out😱

8 hours ago, zigzag said:

Well I am team Sue! I braved a trip to B and M the other day (not done more than click and collect since lockdown) and the place is full of Ch*****as stuff🤬 I was the grumpy middle aged women wandering the aisles shaking my head and moaning about it only being September! Way to early for my liking!

7 hours ago, Panders said:
  • Yes I noticed them in our one too - just opened here in August.    I also noted that Tesco were selling the usual tubs of toffees about 3 weeks ago at £3.50 per tub, now £4.00!     Mostly it creeps in under the wire for a while, but you just know its all there in the warehouse waiting to go out😱

There is an advantage to my position of not visiting any shops......

I just have shares in Amazon 🤦‍♀️🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Last week lulled us into a false sense of security with such a positive start! This week has been strange, think the excitement and novelty of being back at school has worn off! Most of the children have gone down with colds and have varying degrees of green noses! They don’t seem to have much concentration and seem to have a low boredom threshold! Is this because they have had so much technology over the last six months that they have forgotten how to play? And where oh where have the manners gone?😱 Be interesting to see what next week brings...

In some way maybe they have "lost" a year's maturity in these last 6 months.  Seems in some way you have a psychological job to do here and re-educate sympathetically.  Going to have to dig into reserves Zigzag.Hope things improve for you all next week.  My 5 and a half year old grand daughter asked to go back to doing half days as she had last year!

3 hours ago, zigzag said:

Last week lulled us into a false sense of security with such a positive start! This week has been strange, think the excitement and novelty of being back at school has worn off! Most of the children have gone down with colds and have varying degrees of green noses! They don’t seem to have much concentration and seem to have a low boredom threshold! Is this because they have had so much technology over the last six months that they have forgotten how to play? And where oh where have the manners gone?😱 Be interesting to see what next week brings...

Oh no zigzag, sorry to hear you have had a tricky week

I recognise everything you say in your post, oh my actual goodness the manners thing is getting to me have to remind all the time but especially at snack "yes please" don't just nod or point, you know how to say "milk please" or whatever......

Pleased to report that our week has been much better - worried about tempting fate now!

Hope everyone has a restful weekend x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panders said:

In some way maybe they have "lost" a year's maturity in these last 6 months.  Seems in some way you have a psychological job to do here and re-educate sympathetically.  Going to have to dig into reserves Zigzag.Hope things improve for you all next week.  My 5 and a half year old grand daughter asked to go back to doing half days as she had last year!

I think you make a good point here my little black and white furry friend!

I am looking at my next year 'leavers group' and wondering how on earth we are going to 'catch up' and have them anywhere near 'school ready'

• Like 1

Our week started bad, but ended good :)   I think they are settling back into the routine now, and the initial wild excitement about being back is calming down.

I have a staff member who decided she needs to self isolate as she had a sore throat- no other symptoms, surprised me as she was one of the more positive about coming back :(.  I'm really not sure what to do about pay.   I'd pay if  SI is genuinely needed, but I'm not sure I can afford to pay for every sniffle staff have.  I might suggest unpaid leave if she really is worried.