Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

quick question about Grandchild

Hi all,

I will call my insurer and Ofsted tomorrow, however, my D-I-L is going in for an operation this week (unless it's cancelled for a third time) my son has asked if I could help out by having my youngest grand child at nursery with me. She is 21 months old? I really want to help out - but fear I'm going to have to say no. What do you think?

What does your Ofsted certificate say about ages? I think ours changed and it was down to us to risk assess any changes that we made. I could be wrong though. I did take a 23 month old as I could prove the need and did a proper full risk assessment and I had great staff ratio for him.

Hi Cait, well, registration is 2-8, however, none under 2. Its pretty straightforward in that way! One of my other concerns is the fact that, although we are not running at full stretch in Sept, we are starting 3 new children and I don't think this is just one morning we are talking about, but somewhere in the region of 3 weeks, not every morning but certainly 2 as it is a major Op and DIL not allowed to pick up any heavy objects etc. has to have complete rest.

actually I suspect they may not be too worried (as she's over 18 months so can be in the same room) They seem very relaxed at the moment ...but I could be wrong. I would email rather than phone for a quick response!! I'm assuming you're talking about more than 2 hours per day??

• Like 1

If you are not needed in the ratio, is it any different than if a parent was in with a younger child? we have parent helpers that come in with younger siblings and as they are not paying for the session for that child and are responsible for them they wouldn't be covered under our insurance anyway. We have under 2's that come in for visits to settle them in before they start as well.

I think as long as you can do your job and are not compromised by having your grandaughter with you I would'nt have thought it would be a problem.

• Like 1

Have had an acknowledgement of my e mail, but that's all - bit academic now anyway, although helpful for the future the op has been cancelled for the 4th time. DIL seriously angry today because of all the preparations she has done to get ready for it, now she's worried they will muck up Christmas too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)