Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Room Layout and time table

Do you give your parents a copy of the nursery timetable and room layout?

The time table is on our website, and we have been giving new parents a copy of it and the room layout in our starter pack, but we are going overboard on paper I think. Is there any regulation that says we have to give this to parents?

There is NO way that I could do a room plan...we change it around! I think there is a recommendation (and expectation) that the general routine is posted for parents(ours is on the noticeboard) other than that I am not aware that anything else needs to be given in this respect. I guess if you had a big building with lots of rooms then it might be advisable to put up a basic plan but security wise this might also be seen as a a bad thing!

Same here. Very 'loose' daily timetable on parents notice board with a sentence at the bottom that explains it's very flexible and will change to accomodate children's interests, learning opportunities eg bottle bank lorry - we all love that! Children watch the lorry and listen to the noise. Staff watch in fear, for their cars in the car park! Only plan is tracking observation sheet but it always needs updating if and when it is used. To be honest, parents can see room layout when they drop off - thats if they come in ........

Some settings have plan of rooms up for fire safety but we are not that big.

Edited by lsp

We do have a building plan for fire regs - we are full daycare with three rooms plus kitchen etc. We don't give a room plan to anyone as they all constantly change.

Our 'timetable' is very flexible so we just have a guide for each room.

We're much the same as Stargazer - building plans up for fire purposes and example routines on the notice board. I wouldn't go so far as to do a room plan tho, that feels like hard work! Especially if you like to move things round as we seem to keep doing.

Going back to the original question, I wouldn't give parents a copy of either of these things. You don't have to do it so save yourself the time & money :-) Plus if you do do it, do you then have to give everyone a copy of the new one if/ when it changes?

ps I think you have to have an example daily routine in your policies and procedures.

I give a bare skeleton of a timetable which are the types of things which vary little, such as, the time they should arrive, and what happens then, i.e. self reg, I say roughly when tidy up time is, when they have a snack, (we all have it together, not a rolling snack) what time the early little ones go and what time we have lunch and pick up aftertwards, as to what else may or may not happen no, far too variable. In the early days of a child starting I think it helps parents to "visualise" what their little one might be doing at a given time.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)