Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Update

Hi All

As many of you may/may not know I haven't been well recently and as a consequence lost my job, so I am now unemployed for the first time ever and not by choice!

I have, however, found out what is wrong and hopefully an explanation of the chronic fatigue I have felt for nearly two years now. I was told last week that I have a rare form of Cancer of the blood and rare in people my age, usually older. I am low risk, but it will never go and I stand a 10% chance of getting Leukaemia. There are no drugs to take which should be a plus, but actually makes it less real somehow.

Love to all who remember me

xxxx

Hi kate, sorry to hear you have had ongoing health trouble..know that feeling well.

I hope now that you have a diagnosis that it brings a sense of knowing what you are dealing with. I hope this enables you to develop some management strategies that will help you feel better, and more positive.

A 10% chance is low so don't dwell on that if you can help it.

Is there any work you are able or want to do, even voluntary, or are you unable to work at the moment?

Thinking of you, and do pop in when you feel up to it.

• Like 2

Hi Kate,

I'm sorry to hear that; what a shock for you and your family. I hope you are surrounded by people who love you and who want to make sure you get the best out of life; through making plans and exploring the things that make you happy.

• Like 3

So sorry you have felt unwell for so long and have lost your job as a consequence of that.

Now that you have at least a diagnosis, might help you to at least move on in a positive way, and find employment and more importantly enjoy. I'm sure there's something out there. Just give yourself some time to look at all your options.

Wishing you good health.

Fx

• Like 1

So sorry to hear your news. Now that you actually have a diagnosis, you may be able to find strategies to help you cope and people with the same condition to talk to. Wishing you well for the future and take note of what narnia said above. X

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your good wishes.

I am trying to establish myself as a personal tutor and have a 0 hours contract starting in September. All I want is a guaranteed income each month! I am also applying for non teaching jobs, but sadly I think employers a re looking at my health record and thinking 'No way!'

I am also thinking of going back to Uni part time to finish my MA ( but will have to get a hefty loan from the gov.)

But what is so hard is accepting the person that I have become and the limitations that I now have. I have just come back from a holiday in Somerset where I couldn't do what I used to be able to do. Very upsetting and hard for husband and daughter to deal with.

I also miss that end of term feeling and the excitement of new ideas that I would have as I planned a new topic. Also the colleagues. Them most of all.