Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYPP spending help

I have just completed my EYPP justification record for the year, or so I thought. But have discovered that I have another £121 to spend. The children who we are receiving it for are not delayed in their development in any area. (This having been addressed with previous EYPP) I know its a nice position to be in to have money to spend but I am struggling to think of something that I can directly link to these children. We have just had some cable drums donated to us, which all the children love, but I am really keen to transform some of them into small world tables and mark making tables. Do you think that I can justify spending the money on the materials to do this?

Love to hear your thoughts. :1b

yes most definitely and your time to do it ! just be creative with how they would all benefit, I'm fed up of having to worry about 'what to spend it on' and showing how its closed the gap, when they don't have a gap to close...we clubbed ours this time on one thing that they will all use and benefit from at different times as will the children that really need something extra.

• Like 3

We're using ours to pay for 'living eggs' We only got for 3 children, there is no gap to close for any of them and it was only confirmed on Monday that we had it. To be honest we cant think of anything that we can get and will arrive to benefit them in the few weeks we have left! So we thought this would be nice for them and the others to have and covers loads of AoL and development.

• Like 1

Absolutely, think it's a fab idea - what a great way to improve 'outcomes for children' supporting mark making outside, imaginative role play, small world play etc, etc.

We're using ours to pay for 'living eggs' We only got for 3 children, there is no gap to close for any of them and it was only confirmed on Monday that we had it. To be honest we cant think of anything that we can get and will arrive to benefit them in the few weeks we have left! So we thought this would be nice for them and the others to have and covers loads of AoL and development.

Read that first off as 'using ours to pay for 'living wages' lol

• Like 1

Read that first off as 'using ours to pay for 'living wages' lol

Ha ha! Well in away - I AM!! Have a support staff member who is great and want to keep next term - but cannot afford more than 16hrs. So......shall be paying her an extra day to come in so we can have a Speech and Language Support day (are you listening STC)!

We have put together Talking Tables resources. and bought in to some Derbyshire Salt resources. All children that are in receipt of Eypp could do with this area of support, so that's what we shall do. Have read somewhere that add staff is not always proving to 'bridge the gap' but that's an opinion that I think I can argue my case against - if needed!

Following term intend to buy a cosy den! - for cosy chats!

Also have previously bought what we thought might be inspiring resources - only to find......,,,,not really : (

Btw we shall not be getting Eypp for this term until 2/9 due to 'error' - not mine! Next term we get it 13/12!!! due to change of final funding payment.

So who's not 'minding the gap'...........??? you could'nt make it up!

• Like 1

what a waste of time!! On principle I wont spend any that we get until we know for certain that we are getting it. Rafa, that is pretty disgusting though but why doesnt it surprise me, I wonder............

As for using it to pay a living wage..... I was talking to the manager of a small setting in my borough. She (along with a few other random settings) had a phone call from our EY's asking her if she could tell them what the EYPP had been spent on. She said "staff wages, the funding you pay is so rubbish, I cant afford to pay my staff a decent wage so its gone towards that" They said thank you very much and she's now waiting to hear back from someone higher up querying this. So far no one has.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)