Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

That Ofsted email, help needed.

so, to try to make it clear now read this as saying that if your nominated person has not changed since before 1 jan 2016, then there's no requirement for them to be on committee. However, and nominated person changes from 1 Jan 2016 will require the NP to be for a committee member.

typical Ofsted to only say this now...this has caused me (and i'm sure many others) a lot of headaches in the meantime.

• Like 1

This is what the first ofsted guy I spoke to weeks ago told me...that it was only for new registrations :-)

But you have to wonder why all the existing managers/nominated persons now completing paperwork to join committees haven't been asked why they are doing it.

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1

so, to try to make it clear now read this as saying that if your nominated person has not changed since before 1 jan 2016, then there's no requirement for them to be on committee. However, and nominated person changes from 1 Jan 2016 will require the NP to be for a committee member.

typical Ofsted to only say this now...this has caused me (and i'm sure many others) a lot of headaches in the meantime.

This is absolutely NOT what they have said to me! (well what a surprise!) I have been the nominated person since 2011 with no issue...now apparently not allowed according to the email...hum will go back and check again I think :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Like 1

Dear Registered Person,

Thank you for completing the registration details form.

Unfortunately we are unable to process your form as from 01 January 2016, the Nominated Individual must form part of the organisation’s governing body. For example, if the organisation is a company, the Nominated Individual is required to be one of the company's directors. Likewise if it was a committee, the Nominated Individual is required to be part of the committee.

As you are not part of the organisation's governing body you are unable to hold the role of Nominated Individual. Please can this be discussed with the organisation and a suitable Nominated Individual be chosen. If the Nominated Individual is known to Ofsted then please request that they recomplete the registration details form with their details in section B. Please request they then send us the form with an email message stating that they will be taking over the role of nominated individual for the organisation. We will then update our systems accordingly.

Quote!!!!

• Like 1

Sorry this is long, buts here's the full email I have received. I've underlined what I believe to be the relevant part.

Dear Mrs *****.

Thank you for completing the registration details form.

Ofsted has reviewed your registration details form and may, if necessary, have updated its systems to match the information you provided. Ofsted will also be issuing you with a new style certificate to display at your settings. Once you receive your new certificate your existing certificate will be no longer valid and you should destroy it.

I would like to take this opportunity to confirm the requirement for you to keep Ofsted up to date with changes to registration. These requirements are outlined in; sections 3.77 and 3.78 of the Early Years Foundation Stage and Regulations 2008 Paragraph 26 of Schedule 3 of the Childcare (General Childcare Register).

Information on what you must report and how to update us can be found on our website at the following link

https://www.gov.uk/register-childminder-childcare-provider/after-youre-registered

When it’s not possible to notify Ofsted in advance, you must tell them as soon as you can. It’s an offence not to tell Ofsted within 14 days of a change happening.

Please note that if you have provided information of an additional contact(s) in Section E of the data cleanse form the individual(s) have been added to our records. However, if you have selected you give them permission to access the registration's Self Evaluation form, they will not be able to gain access until June 2016. We will contact you closer to this time to advise you further.

As from 1 January 2016 there has been a change to legislation meaning the Nominated Individual must form part of the organisation’s governing body. For example, if the organisation is a limited company then the Nominated Individual would have to be one of the directors of the company listed on Companies House. If an organisation was committee run, the Nominated Individual would have to be a committee member. Any future changes made to the Nominated Individual for the organisation would have to reflect this change in legislation.

Kind Regards,

Mohammed Haji

Ofsted - Applications, Regulatory and Contact Team

Email: enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

Ofsted on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/ofstednews

That was the same as mine eyfs except the 'new certificate' bit, so when I received one I panicked and phoned them thinking I'd really done something wrong on the form cancelling our existing and setting up a new registration somehow ...but the accompanying letter did tell me our previous registration would be archived for 3 years, perhaps I wasn't the only one questioning it so that has been added to emails now....how can they send out so much information that causes so much confusion just because of how it's said rather than what is says ?

It rather reminds me of the debacle of the commas and the and or statements in the ofsted fees sentence; so ambiguous even their own staff couldn't correctly apply the rules, yet we are somehow expected to get it right every time.

Edited by eyfs1966
  • Like 2