Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Warning - EY2 nightmare!

I'm in a right tizzwas with this. Rang Ofsted yesterday about me not on committee but nominated person. They said I could do an EY2 if committee agreed. Agreed?????? The committee haven't a clue without me. Now trying to complete it and it's not easy. I can't remember a date, I know the year, but they want date and month. Problem is it will be on a form they all ready have on me. To top it all off, we hardly have any committtee and I am finding these new changes quite stressful!

We are in the process of becoming a CIC, but I still have to do the registration form with limited members. How I wish I'd moved quicker on the CIC, if I knew this was all changing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a right tizzwas with this. Rang Ofsted yesterday about me not on committee but nominated person. They said I could do an EY2 if committee agreed. Agreed?????? The committee haven't a clue without me. Now trying to complete it and it's not easy. I can't remember a date, I know the year, but they want date and month. Problem is it will be on a form they all ready have on me. To top it all off, we hardly have any committtee and I am finding these new changes quite stressful!

We are in the process of becoming a CIC, but I still have to do the registration form with limited members. How I wish I'd moved quicker on the CIC, if I knew this was all changing.

Same here, we previously thought about CIC and dismissed it in the end as seemed to be a lot of work and not much gain, but now I'm wondering

I'm in a right tizzwas with this. Rang Ofsted yesterday about me not on committee but nominated person. They said I could do an EY2 if committee agreed.

I rang to and was told I didn't need to be on the committee ...I have the guys name in case he got it wrong lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am the Supervisor of our setting and also the nominated person. I am not a committee member - we had or Ofsted inspection in February 2015 and the inspector was quite happy with this. It just saves having to jump through hoops everytime somebody leaves the committee and a new nominated person has to be found.

What is even more bonkers is that you can be a manager with permission to speak to Ofsted but, depending on who you speak to, only on some matters. We have had a change of committee and I was asked to find out from Ofsted what the process was for getting new people on - we had sussed it was all online and as my committee are older folk not used to dealing with things online they wanted my help. Hmmm.... The gentleman I spoke to got quite stroppy and at one point gave me a heart attack by saying, 'Madam, I am going to have to stop you you there and inform you that I can no longer speak to you'. I thought for a horrid moment he was going to suspend our registration. All I wanted to know was how to go about the process - when last we did this it was a case of completing an EY2, sending it off and Ofsted did the rest. Anyway he told me that only the nominated person could do this and that it all had to be done through her email address and I could ask no questions.This turns out to be complete rubbish. I eventually plucked up the courage to phone them again and this time spoke to a nice lady who sent me a sheet of information explaining the process. How are we expected to get it right if they cannot do that themselves, AND, and this is my biggest bugbear, why can they not appreciate that committee members do not always have the time or knowledge to be able to wade through the quagmire that is Ofsted.

• Like 2

just to add another cautionary tale...I discovered that despite signing up to the update service , that when my renewal was due, it did not go through. No one contacted me, no one told me, I just happened to be curious and tried to log on to my account.

Given that being on the update service is now compulsory for nominated persons, this was an administrative nightmare to get sorted with Ofsted, but more worryingly, Ofsted said, "oh dear, this seems to be happening quite often".

So, for all you nominated persons out there, please check that your annual renewals for the update service go through!!

I am the Supervisor of our setting and also the nominated person. I am not a committee member - we had or Ofsted inspection in February 2015 and the inspector was quite happy with this. It just saves having to jump through hoops everytime somebody leaves the committee and a new nominated person has to be found.

Be warned this has now changed as manager and not on committee you cannot be the nominated person , it has to be the chair or similar but you can be added as an extra nominated person so you can speak to Ofsted but not change registration etc

Now I might be wrong there are two nominated names one is the nominated person and the other is the nominated individual....these can be two different people . So for us one will be the head of service (chair) and the other will be me . I do not think there is a requirement for the manager to be part of the committee . When you read the form that they have sent us it does become more clear. We came across this issue when we moved and re-registered 4 years ago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)