Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fees/Notice/FE

I have a child whose mum has given me one months notice as she is changing jobs and it's easier for her child to go elsewhere. The child is in receipt of FE ( 15 hours, taken as 10.5 each week)...........I will have to let county know that there is a change, as he will claim the hours at the new setting.He attends our setting for 18 hours per week usually BUT, the child was absent yesterday and breezed in this morning announcing that he started at his new setting yesterday. So, how the heck do i work out who is claiming what?? I am not sure where i stand on this.....IF she is already claiming the FE at his new setting, do I charge her for his absence at mine?? he officially leaves us on the 20th of this month........................

We have a 'swings and roundabouts' system where if a child leaves mid-term, we offer his already funded hours to someone waiting for more hours or a new starter. The parent wouldn't be allowed to claim funded hours at a new setting in the same county until the next claim date (Jan 16).

• Like 3

Similar as stargrower for us too.

We get the full terms allowance (at whatever hours per week claimed) The Other setting then needs to contact us for any payments due - and it's up to us whether or not we pay up ! :o

We usually do- but in your case I would deduct the notice period, or if you feel generous spilt the remaining notice funded hours?

If she has given you notice until the 20th then I would claim the funding until then!

In our region it is up to the settings to claim funding from each other - the funding is allocated to the setting who has claimed via the head count form and any move one one setting to another results in invoicing between providers! To say that it's confusing is an understatement as we are paid fundig in two instalments of 60/40!

Same as above Essex won't transfer funding if already claimed within the same county for that term , have you had your interim payment already or it in full.

FEEE should contact you if a claim elsewhere has been applied for, just check your contract but don't lose out , you have every right to claim funding for term especially if you can't fill the space as you have already factored in staff etc.

I would explain this to the parent too so she is fully aware.

Just to add if he does 18 hours why are you only claiming 10.5 or does he go elsewhere too?

Parent is liable to pay all the hours exceeding this .

I'm guessing spread over the whole year rather 38 maybe ? Actually I guess that might make it far more difficult to work out :unsure:

• Like 1

In our area funding can be claimed at another setting at any point that they start the new setting. If he is now accessing 2 settings at the same time and using more hours than 15 per week or average according to hours allowed per term, then there should be a charge for anything over the hours. i assume it is difficult to know what hours they attend the new setting, so maybe contact them to find out. Also we need to fill a separate form for children who attend 2 settings.

Ours is up to four week notice period, it is the new settings duty to ensure all notice periods have been served before accepting a child under free entitlement.

I had this happen once stood my grounds and other nursery lost out on funding as they in my words couldn't be bothered to phone to check I wasn't budging and I claimed the full notice period.

I had another parent today who new 'proper nursery' has said they can start earlier than January, am I going to waste hours sorting it out "no" parent told its four week notice period and school need to phone, that's my boy done.

Gosh I sound harsh lol

We have a 4 week paid notice. If this is written into our policies county will honour the funding and the new setting is not entitled to funding during the notice period should the parent choose to move the child during the notice period. This can be a tricky problem if parents don't tell you when or where they are going or pass info onto the new setting - data protection etc.

We cannot share any funding with LA nursery.