Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Very Quiet

Hello all,

I am not sure but we seem to be a bit quite this term and the spring term next year. We were extremely busy last year and hence we had hired one extra staff. I hope things pick up otherwise i am concerned that the owner might make some changes.

Two years ago we experienced similar occupancy levels, am hoping this year is just a blip :(..

We are experiencing the same thing at the moment - very quiet across all age rooms despite lots and lots of marketing. We are extremely overstaffed - which is great for quality provision but not so good for the business!

My preschool age us full but the younger age group is far from it.

my parents are deferring until they get 3yr funding. Am in crazy situation of not knowing if I can offer all of them a place in September. Or if I have enough of them? I always lose a few; house move, leave country or go to private education. But when they start at 2 and you get to know the families you get to see the signs.

Anyway, I think families just don't have disposable income and are holding back on nursery.

• Like 2

i spoke to several lead practitioners at a meeting recently and it seems that this is a quiet year (child wise ).

we have only 36 spaces out of 280 offered (28 children for 10 sessions a week ) so we are lucky - it is a lottery as you never know from one year to the next as parents apply to setting , send in forms etc., so you think you are relatively full but then children never turn up - you phone and parent says "oh we don't need the space now- they're going to another place" - THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW :angry:

• Like 3

Could this be dependent upon area/saturation of childcare available?

I'm in Norfolk and have 2 nurseries and both are absolutely chocker for the next 2 years (apart from on Mondays and Fridays as is always the case.)

Do you have any help from EYA?