Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

HR consultancy

I'm in a nursery setting and this is something I keep badgering the owner to organise. I'd like to have someone at the end of the phone who can advice and help on employment law. I use ACAS but I find they're very bias to whoever calls, so if you call as an employer they tell you you're in the right but then if you call as an employee with the same problem they tell you your employer is in the wrong!

Had a couple of meetings with local companies but the prices just for consultancy are so expensive :-(

• Like 1

We use Peninsula at the moment and they are very good but can be quite costly. There are also Citation who are similar.. and i am sure many more around. They can be quite competitive for your business so room for negotiation on prices if you want to get it slightly cheaper..

• Like 1

If you use some of the Sage payroll software systems, you can pick up some HR support through them (at a cost). Some of the paperwork you can download, eg contracts, and I think there is an option for phone back up as well if you need advice. You should be able to find the details on their web site.

When I opened business bank account, bank offered me service at reduced rate. They wrote staff contract and advised bout other stuff. Since then price has home up but they have been invaluable with staff disciplinary advice etc.

So ask bank if they offer service.

• Like 1

We found law call not very good when we had a major disciplinary matter and they was as general and as much use as ACAS, which yes they say well the law says this the law says that but what you want is someone to say write for your business and what you need you need to do X,Y and Z. Our law call solicitor would write us a letter for £900 so I looked around and found our HR company they do H&S but we didn't take that part of the package just HR, they took all the hassle on there and then, I felt like I had been rescued by an angel ! You can nominate as many points of contact so there's me (manager) chair and secretary who can log on and ask questions or phone. I have used the online service for so many things a quick e-mail gets a fast response I've checked parental leave, contract changes and much more. When you sign up they do an overhaul of needed of contracts give you an employee hand book and procedure book along with all letter templates in regards to the new handbooks.

If you ensure you follow all there advice they guarantee their work in the way of any successful tribunal claims are paid by them, obviously they attend and represent you at tribunal.

The ability to just ask and get a clear cut answer back has been a major support to me and a weight off my shoulders as my chair answer to everything is just 'sack them' dohhhh that doesn't help.

Company (not by commission) is wirehouse and attended our out of hours board meeting to sell their stuff to the ones with the purse strings :)

• Like 3

We found law call not very good when we had a major disciplinary matter and they was as general and as much use as ACAS, which yes they say well the law says this the law says that but what you want is someone to say write for your business and what you need you need to do X,Y and Z. Our law call solicitor would write us a letter for £900 so I looked around and found our HR company they do H&S but we didn't take that part of the package just HR, they took all the hassle on there and then, I felt like I had been rescued by an angel ! You can nominate as many points of contact so there's me (manager) chair and secretary who can log on and ask questions or phone. I have used the online service for so many things a quick e-mail gets a fast response I've checked parental leave, contract changes and much more. When you sign up they do an overhaul of needed of contracts give you an employee hand book and procedure book along with all letter templates in regards to the new handbooks.

If you ensure you follow all there advice they guarantee their work in the way of any successful tribunal claims are paid by them, obviously they attend and represent you at tribunal.

The ability to just ask and get a clear cut answer back has been a major support to me and a weight off my shoulders as my chair answer to everything is just 'sack them' dohhhh that doesn't help.

Company (not by commission) is wirehouse and attended our out of hours board meeting to sell their stuff to the ones with the purse strings :)

These people sound like angels I definitely need to look into this company ASAP x

Wow, thanks foreveryoung they do look good. How much do they charge as they don't mention costs on website.

We pay just over £1000 per year, it sounds a lot but when we was looking at paying a Law Call solicitor £900 for one letter if it went straight forward we could see it was money well spent.

In over 10 years of management I have never come across such a hard situation as I did towards end of last year and didn't know where to turn or how to protect the business from a member of staff trying to pull us down and this company was worth every penny.

They wrote all the new handbooks and contracts which again is worth a good few hundred so we are making them work for it! But every time I now get a niggle from a staff member say for instance using parental leave when the father lives at home and could care for child or wanting to change hours right through to ensuring we pay holiday pay legally - I just ask away. No point paying them if I don't use them, so really when I add up how much they are supporting me and how much work they have done a thousand is money well spent.

I can honestly say they tell you what you need to do that's best for the business none of this well if/and but business.

Feel I should be getting commission here ha ha ha xxx

• Like 3

We pay just over £1000 per year, it sounds a lot but when we was looking at paying a Law Call solicitor £900 for one letter if it went straight forward we could see it was money well spent.

In over 10 years of management I have never come across such a hard situation as I did towards end of last year and didn't know where to turn or how to protect the business from a member of staff trying to pull us down and this company was worth every penny.

They wrote all the new handbooks and contracts which again is worth a good few hundred so we are making them work for it! But every time I now get a niggle from a staff member say for instance using parental leave when the father lives at home and could care for child or wanting to change hours right through to ensuring we pay holiday pay legally - I just ask away. No point paying them if I don't use them, so really when I add up how much they are supporting me and how much work they have done a thousand is money well spent.

I can honestly say they tell you what you need to do that's best for the business none of this well if/and but business.

Feel I should be getting commission here ha ha ha xxx

This is exactly what I need but my owner just won't fork out for it. He thinks I am more than capable of dealing with all the things they could help me with, because it is my job after all.

He is not my favourite person at the minute, haha