Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dbs update service

haven't had confirmation of either....should I have ??????

I don't know FM - I didn't receive anything when the DBS certificate was sent to the committee member, and I'm still waiting reference a letter from Ofsted ref EY2 confirmation.

I'm sitting here presuming all is well but actually Comm Member may not have completed the EY2 in time (from reading above posts) and therefore she may not be ok.

What a daft system :blink:

• Like 1

I don't know FM - I didn't receive anything when the DBS certificate was sent to the committee member, and I'm still waiting reference a letter from Ofsted ref EY2 confirmation.

I'm sitting here presuming all is well but actually Comm Member may not have completed the EY2 in time (from reading above posts) and therefore she may not be ok.

What a daft system :blink:

Hi Thumper. Its the DBS update service that has the tight deadline. If you decide that your setting policy is going to be that new staff have to sign up to this, if they miss that deadline they have to pay for the whole DBS check again or wait until the following year and pay the full price again (not sure what it is £50 - £60???). Where as the update service is £13 a year.

The committee members are Ofsted's problem as they administer the checks for committee members. They only pay an admin fee. Although Ofsted do (or used to ) send out unsuitability letters if the committee member does not complete the whole process, including EY2, in a certain time frame. I think???? ;)

The committee members are Ofsted's problem as they administer the checks for committee members. They only pay an admin fee. Although Ofsted do (or used to ) send out unsuitability letters if the committee member does not complete the whole process, including EY2, in a certain time frame. I think???? ;)

Committee Members do need to sign up to the 'update service' though don't they? I presume this still has the time frame issue?

And then they need to complete their EY2 on the Ofsted Gateway?

How do Ofsted know if they've signed upto the update service anyway?!

Yes I see what you mean, they do. I have only had one committee member go through this way. Once she had completed her DBS, including update, she received a reference number that she had to put into the EY2 on the ofsted gateway. I then had to complete her identity checks as before. I think I received a letter confirming suitability. It was about 15 months ago????

I assume as ofsted are the organisation paying for dbs for committee members, that they are informed of progress?

• Like 1

Yes I see what you mean, they do. I have only had one committee member go through this way. Once she had completed her DBS, including update, she received a reference number that she had to put into the EY2 on the ofsted gateway. I then had to complete her identity checks as before. I think I received a letter confirming suitability. It was about 15 months ago????

I assume as ofsted are the organisation paying for dbs for committee members, that they are informed of progress?

So as I've not heard anything from Ofsted I'm going to have to call them; whats the betting that the 'update service' wasn't done in the time frame?! :(

• Like 1

Well this has acted as a reminder for me. As the nominated person, I went through the whole rigmarole of the gateway, DBS, EY2 (took about 10 calls to Ofsted along the way as the system was so un- user friendly.} I did then sign up to the DBS update service, but have never heard anything from them again, and now on checking, my subscription was made in June 2014...never got a reminder, so presume it has now lapsed......

Tried logging in to the update service today to check, and the server is close for maintenance....story of my life! Whats the betting I need to start the whole blasted procedure all over again?

• Like 1

Well this has acted as a reminder for me. As the nominated person, I went through the whole rigmarole of the gateway, DBS, EY2 (took about 10 calls to Ofsted along the way as the system was so un- user friendly.} I did then sign up to the DBS update service, but have never heard anything from them again, and now on checking, my subscription was made in June 2014...never got a reminder, so presume it has now lapsed......

Tried logging in to the update service today to check, and the server is close for maintenance....story of my life! Whats the betting I need to start the whole blasted procedure all over again?

Do you use Capita? This is my first Committee DBS and it's been going on forever :(

as you can tell from all the posts - I dont' have a scooby-do what I'm doing

my C/M did her DBS at end July- she got it back very quickly and then over the holidays we both forgot all about it. She went to do her EY2 couple weeks ago and couldnt understand why all was fine until she kept trying to input her DBS number and it wouldnt allow her to. So last week she ranf Ofsted and they said as she hadn't registered for the update service her DBS was no longer valid. So she's doing everything again however- I have heard nothing from anyone but her in all this! I presume that now she has started an EY2 process, if she doesnt go back and complete within a certain time span- then they will contact me.

But there again- this is Ofsted and who knows ;)

• Like 3

Its hopeless isn't it, the committee dbs checks are done through part of capita so why on earth as the nominated person we can't check the status of them like the staff seems crazy, you have seen all their flippin details anyway when completing the ID checker, I don't trust them to even send that off so I email them all, and have even contacted them using their details when we haven't heard anything for a while :ph34r:

my C/M did her DBS at end July- she got it back very quickly and then over the holidays we both forgot all about it. She went to do her EY2 couple weeks ago and couldnt understand why all was fine until she kept trying to input her DBS number and it wouldnt allow her to. So last week she ranf Ofsted and they said as she hadn't registered for the update service her DBS was no longer valid. So she's doing everything again however- I have heard nothing from anyone but her in all this! I presume that now she has started an EY2 process, if she doesnt go back and complete within a certain time span- then they will contact me.

But there again- this is Ofsted and who knows ;)

I think this is what has happened to mine as well :(