Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

fire bag?

blondie

does anyone have a fire bag - i guess something that you would put things in,in the case of an emergency/fire drill evacuation?if so what do you have in it please?

i overheard someone talking about this at a course i was on and had never thought about the need for it but now wonder whether i should have one?

We had one, contained everything we would need if we were out of the setting for a few hours or until parents could collect..

may depend on where your place of safety is.. ours was the school next door..so our bag did not need as much as others may do

But we did include a limited first aid kit,mobile phone with all the parents numbers stored in it, and any other emergency numbers we may need, register with all the contact numbers in it as well,(in case the phone dies on us!) We added a spare set of clothes and nappies if we had any we thought may need it.

We have an emergency grab bag (and outings too)

First aid kit

change of clothes and a couple of pairs of knickers!

tissues

care plans ..copies

phone numbers list

mobile phone goes in here too

Bottle of water

some money for emergency supplies

black bags (can be used for shelter/warmth etc etc

accident book and registers go in too when we exit

We had one at my last setting with a first aid kit, blankets, nappies, wipes and a box of tissues.

My current setting has a box with blankets in the evacuation trolley. After our fire drill last Friday, I pointed out we really should have nappies and wipes in there too at the very least.

We have some of those silver foil blanket things. Pound land! (Other discount retailers are available). Emergency numbers, small first aid kit, nappies, wipes, phone goes in on way out. We use a small drawstring bag which is hanging up beside door.

thank you for this - i just pick the stuff up - but in a real emergency i am sure that i would forget stuff. so is the stuff put in at the beginning of a session -how does it work? all info gratefully received - another to do lol

what do you do about inhalers -are they put in the bag or put in as you go out - whos responsibility is this?

Ours is packed ready to grab. Only extra things we take are phone and register. Would not attempt to get or take anything else. All our medications and inhalers are stored away in the kitchen. I suppose you have to ask is it worth the risk of someone going to get them - in my opinion - no.

Our grab bag always packed ...the hall is far too large to be trying to find things at the last minute! The supervisor always checks the premises....if there is time we also grab inhalers on the way past but as the most likely place for fire is in the kitchen and that's where the first aid cupboards are then !!!!!! however we do have a local doctors surgery so we could run down there ...ore even to the chemist if we were desperate (the school is also across the road and I know they have inhalers etc.....if you ring the ambulance service and get permission you can use another inhaler (though to be honest if I needed one i'd just use it and sort out the issues later!)