Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Microwaving bottles

Stargrower

Is this still a big no-no?

We haven't microwaved baby bottles for years but someone said they did and I wondered if it's still considered unsafe. My thinking is that it's not safe due to the milk not heating evenly (hot spots) and some reaction between the heating and the plastic bottles, but I have a feeling bottles are made of different plastic these days. Any opinions?

No idea really, my daughter in law with the new born used to boil the kettle, put in the baby bottle and add the milk powder, then cool it for the baby to take.

Now baby is older, she boils the water and keeps it in the bottle in the fridge, then heats the bottle in the microwave and then adds the powder.

She was told not to store any baby feed in the fridge for re-heating, and even storing boiled water in the bottle in the fridge was a bit of a no no.

But she does as I say, use the microwave to heat the bottle, whether you could in a nursery, really don't know though.

I believe this is still a big no, isn't health advice now not to pre make bottles anyway they have to be made as needed ? I have no new little ones it's just what I know from midwives and HV! As I thank god that wasn't case for when I had my babies could hardly keep an eye open to see their mouth let alone make up a bottle lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)