Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EY pupil premium

Hi

Can anyone tell me if I can find documentation on how to use EYPP? Are there any scenarios of settings that show how they have spent it. Just trying to get my head around what to do with it and what evidence I need to produce to show impact. Thanks ?

Some settings have received the payment for their EYPP AFTER the child has left the setting ....I miight no bother this time round...so much hassle last term...for such little money...so many parents to ask,check,photocopy,chase up,organise....way too much trouble

• Like 2

when we were at an eypp meeting a while ago a manager at a setting said can we just not bother as amount of time/finance just working this out will only just cover what we will get.

the reply from the lea was ofsted will not look kindly on any settings who do not access the funding as they will ask about it.

there was a thread on this a little while back sorry don't know how to link.

at the meeting i went to settings were talking about using it for staff training, extra staff member in to work with eypp children, having someone in -music etc.,, books or resources - think it depends on what and where your children's needs are.

last term we used it to buy some books and resources to support children moving onto school as these were the children who were eligible for eypp

• Like 1

I printed off children's development who were EYPP then wrote on them, gaps or in some cases just where less development had been made over time as they was not behind in any way. I then looked at how I can enhance their learning using one or two features so as to easily group the money and not doing so much £ for billy £ John etc. I then looked at how I could incorporate other children as I want to benefit all in a roundabout way while doing what LA want, I then bought a computer with it whoop! I produced a table area, targeted children coloumn, action, amount and outcome. I will use 'little' impact' 'some impact' 'good impact' I think in my results column by tracking development half termly.

If you look on school websites they have there write ups on there which will help you see how they use it, I'm a governor at my kids school so I found it useful already knowing what they do and pinched their layout x there are case studies somewhere on the internet too carnt think where at present though x

my worry is how long its going to take this term to identify hose who are entitled. How are we supposed to put extra staff in place half way through a term? I could be in a position where I guess and put extra staff on and then don't get any money.....cant afford to do that!

• Like 2

What I'm doing this autumn is I know I have 3 parents who we still have who were eligible last term so as long as their situation doesn't change then they will be eligible this term, I then have my basic amount to spend to start with. Then as autumn census is confirmed for any more EYPP's I will then increase spends for Spring, by this point we have hardly anyone join in Easter as we are full so I can predict the summer spends from that, any underspend from spring starters I will just sort out as soon as it appears.

If I had no children from summer 15 to carry over I would just look at potential children work out possible money and as soon as it's confirmed for us that would be October, id have my action plan ready to then spend in autumn 2 but this way would mean I probably wouldn't look at staffing more at resources as it's not a definite income to advertise. Swings n blinking rounderbouts :(

Haven't had my last term's EYPP yet - start of new term apparently! We are being given a big push to use for staff training, which is fine as long as they don't leave, but I have my eye on some resources to support EAL children, some of whom get/should get EYPP. Like other people, most of our eligible children are starting school.

One of the reasons we started using Tapestry was to track children eligible for EYPP - I've set up a separate group and linked the relevant children to it. If the plan works, will use either termly or half termly reports to monitor as a group compared to outcomes for the overall group.

What I'm doing this autumn is I know I have 3 parents who we still have who were eligible last term so as long as their situation doesn't change then they will be eligible this term, I then have my basic amount to spend to start with. Then as autumn census is confirmed for any more EYPP's I will then increase spends for Spring, by this point we have hardly anyone join in Easter as we are full so I can predict the summer spends from that, any underspend from spring starters I will just sort out as soon as it appears.

If I had no children from summer 15 to carry over I would just look at potential children work out possible money and as soon as it's confirmed for us that would be October, id have my action plan ready to then spend in autumn 2 but this way would mean I probably wouldn't look at staffing more at resources as it's not a definite income to advertise. Swings n blinking rounderbouts :(

Hmmm Foreveryoung, that looks a bit like a Maths GCSE question!!!

Don't have Maths GCSE.......sneaked into this game before it was 'essential' - see why now : (

• Like 2