Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A free online course Channel General Awareness (with certificate)

This short online module provides information on Channel and what your duties and responsibilities are in the process.

You can print the certificate at the end of the course.

You can do this module as in-house training for all members of staff as the names on the certificate can be changed before printing.

http://course.ncalt.com/Channel_General_Awareness/01/index.html

What is Channel?

Taken from the second link provided by Mouseketeer

"Channel was first piloted in 2007 and rolled out across England and Wales in April 2012. Channel is a programme which focuses on providing support at an early stage to people who are identified as being vulnerable to being drawn into terrorism. The programme uses a multi-agency approach to protect vulnerable people by:

a. identifying individuals at risk;

b. assessing the nature and extent of that risk; and

c. developing the most appropriate support plan for the individuals concerned."

To be honest I am a bit confused in this area as well. Still cannot understand how it can apply to children under 5 years of age.

To be honest I am a bit confused in this area as well. Still cannot understand how it can apply to children under 5 years of age.

I would have to agree Oksana, but as ever it is "us" who have to begin the process I suppose. Plus there are families who "disappear" maybe we could be the ones to notice subtle changes in the parents coming to our settings, or hear things said in role play by the little ones which they have overheard adults in their lives saying (how many parents think their children aren't listening or have the ability to take on what is being said - so many parents talk about their partners, ex partners or troubles in front of their children and don't consider what they are saying).

We may even have staff members or students coming into our settings who could become radicalized.

haha lashes ...a bit like narnia's cp :P

I'm just not sure what the difference is between 'Channel' and 'Prevent' ...and I really don't need any more confusion :wacko:

6. Channel forms a key part of the Prevent strategy. The process is a multi-agency approach to identify and provide support to individuals who are at risk of being drawn into terrorism.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)