Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Am I being old fashioned....

Our team used to wear the awful polo shorts that were faded and handed down many a time from staff to staff and awful sweatshirts.

I changed this to red fitted shirts embroidered with preschool name and black fleeces too with red embroidery on back. I allow jeans and leggings , our age range is 19 to mid 40's . One member of staff I allowed to wear a polo shirt as she has a huge bust and felt very conscious , although we have now ordered her a shirt which she is happy with.

In our staff handbook we advise no open toes sandals but also state clearly that staff do so at their own risk. ( I live in Birkenstocks myself so as manger unfair to expect staff to do something different)

We also allow cropped trousers or long shorts but have had to pull up a member of staff that wore short shorts ( only because I was jealous ! Joking )

I don't like Unironed uniform , dislike tabards but we have bar type aprons with pockets. All staff wear a name badge too.I don't like faded uniform so brought dye to replenish ours , save the cost of buying more too often.

Edited by lashes2508
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I'm pro uniform - IMO it helps send the message that you're all part of the same team and importantly saves the stress of worrying about what you're going to wear each day. I provide polo tops and fleeces. Our policy just states no blue jeans and no open toes. Our polo shirts are quite short, the team is mature so no one wears leggings.

I don't think you're being old fashioned - you have the policy, it's been signed up to. However as others have said maybe a review or discussion may be helpful.

• Like 1