Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

AGM

So countdown is on , AGM to start in an hour , report written this morning , Pimms to be made , nibbles brought and hopefully at least half of parents attending , some new volunteers for committee :) and this year decided to do a story sack presentation and some story telling too

• Like 2

Pleasant evening not as many parents this year but still went really well, 4 new committee members plus most of previous years committee staying on :) story sack presentation went well and got everyone joining in with the story - very funny.

• Like 4

Ours was last night and a grand total of... no parents came! So, no new committee members either.

I really hope our next cohort have parents who want to be more involved than this years' - it's been like trying to get blood out of a stone. We keep telling them if there's no committee there's no preschool, but as most of them are moving on and may never use us again, they aren't bothered :(

In the same boat HiAPreschool - I'm losing the only 2 I had this time and seeing as between them they've had 7 children there's no way they are having anymore and they feel they've done their time with us now, and quite rightly so!

So I'm down to my hubby as treasurer and 2 staff members that's it - our AGM is September but seeing as I only have 4 new families starting then I'm not holding my breath <_<

Ours was last night and a grand total of... no parents came! So, no new committee members either.

I really hope our next cohort have parents who want to be more involved than this years' - it's been like trying to get blood out of a stone. We keep telling them if there's no committee there's no preschool, but as most of them are moving on and may never use us again, they aren't bothered :(

That is sad and selfish on their part. If I were committee run I would make it a requirement that they had to take a turn on the committee or better still they were considered to be part of the committee and then just recruit the Officers.

That is sad and selfish on their part. If I were committee run I would make it a requirement that they had to take a turn on the committee or better still they were considered to be part of the committee and then just recruit the Officers.

I agree Panders and 10 years ago at least a quarter of parents would've turned up at least to the first meeting even if they never showed their face again - but now in our neck of the woods there's no chance :(

I'm on my children's primary school PTA but there are only 3 of us for that and we are the only school out of 7 in my feeder area that even still has a PTA.

It's very sad I've met some lovely people and learnt such a lot from firstly joining our committe and then also PTA

We do try to insist that at least one parent comes , we offer the Pimms as an incentive and emphasise the informality , I keep chatting up parents a couple of weeks before and emphasis on admission the preschool is a charity and committee run. Our chair did a great report emphasising the meetings take place in the pub too. So sad to hear that others are struggling and historically parents very rarely turned up, it was my mission to change that.

2 parents volunteered before because they could not attend , another heavily pregnant mum volunteered last night and then when the ' ' formal ' part was over and I had got them all excited with my story telling , I went in for the kill!

I sat and had a chat with parents , one of them asked I think I want to join committee but what's a constitution ? I though it had something to do with your stomach ! That really broke the barriers down and I just said ' many hands make light work ' etc and then her husband offered too , I told them it would guarantee them a night out together every couple of months !

We struggle too!! I honestly think that when you paid for pre-school you had a vested interest in joining the committee - it was a way of ensuring that your child was getting a good start! The introduction of EYE has in my opinion changed this and where committee led settings are concerned it's not for the better! Why should people volunteer for something that they are entitled to? The DBS situation now being checked by Ofsted has further added to this. In short I honestly feel that committee led groups will sadly soon be a thing of the past!! Feeling grumpy on a Friday after a very long week!

• Like 2

We discussed increasing fees at last meeting. It's really difficult because the people making the decision are the ones paying for childcare so surprise surprise they did not want the increase. Managed an increase of 10 pence an hour. It happens every year and that's why staff wages are rubbish. They had even just decided on wage increase for next year - yes minimum wage going up. Wonder where that extra money will come from? ??? My rant over!!! (Probably in wrong thread oops)

We're going up £1.50 (!!) (with a 15 minute increase in opening times too) and yes, funnily enough, only one of the committee might have a child there next year! :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)