Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

paper towel alternative ?

Im hunting for a better method of hand drying for our preschoolers,

we currently used the folded paper towels in a wall dispenser -but they either get stuck in the dispenser so the children cant get them out, or great handfulls come out ( which then end up in the bin!)

We are getting through so many its getting silly !

I find myself checking out towel dispensers in public loo's when im out and about -ive even taken photos of ones I thought were good !

we dont want a hand dryer, and as i have no tumble dryer I dont fancy terry towelling - so, what other

systems do settings use ?

Well.............we are paper towels, but I put them out on a changing bench, the children are "nagged" into using them properly, but every now and then some do go off message! and we have your problems of bulk in the bin.

Our hall provider put up battery operated towel dispensers they have a movement sensor on the front - and it then dispenses one sheet at a time - it's ok, but the children are too vertically challenged to set them off and sometimes an adult only has to be in the room and it goes off!

Paper towels and a good rub with them to dry little hands do get rid of germs better than anything else I know! Perhaps you could do team demonstrations on how to use them properly in the new half term - stickers or some other reward for using properly when seen by an adult??

I know this may sound it silly, but it is always worth checking that the towels you are using at the moment are the ones that go with the dispenser on the wall. We have had problem where someone ordered the wrong towels and they came out in great handfuls!

The Consortium do 'half size' paper towels for young children. I've never used them, but they might be worth a try, The sell the narrow size dispenser to go with them (I think its the same as a toilet paper dispenser).

We used to have the half sized ones. couldn't remember where from but it was probably consortium.. got the dispenser free with my first order but that may have changed, could be worth an ask though, that is how I got them.. .. they were good in cutting the waste and we only used to put a few in each day .. those determined still pulled them all out..

we use this one

http://janitorialsupplies.co.uk/katrin-system-towel-dispenser.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw-ZqrBRDt_KjhjcbzhhISJAAlRGvlP7T6xOiaOfhWBvHfj086vU6gNb3Y_66UMb6w30S6cRoC1JDw_wcB

the paper towels are on a roll, our two year olds don't have any problems pulling it and it tears straight off leaving the next one there.

we were like you, taking photos of different paper towel and toilet roll dispensers!