Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

allergens

blondie

If assume they mean the EU law thingy which came into force in December. Whatever foods you have, i.e. your snack foods you should be able to tell parent/carers exactly what ingredients are in them.

If you buy items from a supermarket, I buy from Tesco, then you can find out everything you need about products from their site. Some groups have decided not to allow any produce brought in by parent/carers such as birthday cakes etc. because they can't know what's in them. Not sure all this equates to playdough - unless you let the little ones eat it!

There was a useful thread about all this at the time, - maybe one of the contributors at the time will be able to help.

http://eyfs.info/forums/topic/41998-eu-food-law-changing-on-13th-dec/

Edited by Panders

We just have a poster that says 'our snacks this week may include' we also have a section about any additional activities - it's laminated so we update it each week. It just has the main 15 (or whatever) listed and we tick relevant ones.

We don't include the play-dough - but I suppose we should....

We just have a poster that says 'our snacks this week may include' we also have a section about any additional activities - it's laminated so we update it each week. It just has the main 15 (or whatever) listed and we tick relevant ones.

We don't include the play-dough - but I suppose we should....

do you have a copy i could look at - was thinking we had got away with this but i guess not - do you think this includes playdough, cornflour, oats, jelly etc etc etc.,

do you have a copy i could look at - was thinking we had got away with this but i guess not - do you think this includes playdough, cornflour, oats, jelly etc etc etc.,

I got all the info from the link panders just put on earlier, and stuck it on a board for display.

I just download a PDF with the main allergens on (line drawings) from the food standard agency, then I think I got another graphic that someone else (finleysmaid mabe??? - I've not checked back on panders link ).

All very basic, but it does the job!

They are probably also thinking about the allergens not only being ingested.. some can have a reaction just by touching an item..

As to the playdough.. risk assess.. that should cover you over the salt etc.. if everyone did everything we are told we should none of you would be open at all..

• Like 2

They are probably also thinking about the allergens not only being ingested.. some can have a reaction just by touching an item..

As to the playdough.. risk assess.. that should cover you over the salt etc.. if everyone did everything we are told we should none of you would be open at all..

........I like to add a good dash of common sense when I'm making playdough ;)

• Like 3

We do the same as Louby Lou - a laminated sheet printed off from the food standards agency - we then just tick any allergens that may be present in food that day. Could also tick for play dough etc