Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

action plan after ofsted

blondie

hi

after our recent ofsted i need to write an action plan on the following point -

extend the already excellent partnerships with parents to include further opportunities for parents and committee members to experience the pre-school in action.

is there anyone out there that can give ideas on how i can do this as i have a real brain dead moment right now.

what does everyone else do ? how can i set out my page ?

I guess now we are all much better at 'sharing' information/learning with parents they've had to find another parent angle to hit us from :/

We do invite parents into 'stay & play' sessions, but this isn't a real view of 'in action' , we do use our committee to cover staff absence when possible and involve them in appraisals and sometimes supervisions ( this is only officers though).

Do you use tapestry ? I think this gives parents a wonderful insight into what actually goes on in our setting :)

Could you tell us how you do this and then maybe we can expand on it with anything else we do?

I think we could do with a forum area for Ofsted action as I posted about mine the other day and still don't know how to go about it - I feel they are getting really awkward! as you quoted above 'extend on already excellent' ... if it's already excellent why is it an action?!

• Like 5

because they feel obliged to "invent" something for you? Our last insoection gave us something along the lines of working at improving child records,despite the fact the inspector said they were if anything they were the most complete she had ever seen, and she couldn't believe how detailed they were!!!!!

• Like 1

Honestly - I am fuming on your behalf blondie - however can that statement be an 'action'

So I suppose that's indicating that parents should 'come in' to your setting - to help perhaps.......

That is not something that I do now - nor would I want to - we are in a very, very small village - confidentiality would be a real issue :(

Beginning to dread my report coming now - wonder what 'crazy' action/s I might have :blink:

• Like 3

hi thanks for all the replies - i do feel that ofsted just feel they have to write something as an action and a forum page for ofsted action would be great.

we have parents on the committee

they organise - fun days for staff, parents and children, barbq for all, scavenger hunts for all as well as summer /winter fete with local infant school.

we have parents in for

mothers day, fathers day for tea (water) and cake

at the end of each term to join in with singing

have invites for parents to come in any time to show skills - guitar etc.,

invite parents in during book week to read stories to the children

we have stay and play too.

not sure i can think of anything else

We have two "Bring your grown up to school" weeks where parents can come and "see us in action" - HOWEVER it is now 6 years and 3 months since our last inspection so I don't know if this will fit the bill for your action point xDxD

hi thanks for all the replies - i do feel that ofsted just feel they have to write something as an action and a forum page for ofsted action would be great.

we have parents on the committee

they organise - fun days for staff, parents and children, barbq for all, scavenger hunts for all as well as summer /winter fete with local infant school.

we have parents in for

mothers day, fathers day for tea (water) and cake

at the end of each term to join in with singing

have invites for parents to come in any time to show skills - guitar etc.,

invite parents in during book week to read stories to the children

we have stay and play too.

not sure i can think of anything else

:blink: Then i really don't know what else you can do........

We have two "Bring your grown up to school" weeks where parents can come and "see us in action" - HOWEVER it is now 6 years and 3 months since our last inspection so I don't know if this will fit the bill for your action point xDxD

oh we do that too - one week for female and another for the male relatives lol !!

wonder if i just added that we are looking to implement tapestry from september (fingers crossed) as i really can't think of anything else - can you?lol x

Honestly - I am fuming on your behalf blondie - however can that statement be an 'action'

So I suppose that's indicating that parents should 'come in' to your setting - to help perhaps.......

That is not something that I do now - nor would I want to - we are in a very, very small village - confidentiality would be a real issue :(

Beginning to dread my report coming now - wonder what 'crazy' action/s I might have :blink:

The inspector is supposed to give you an idea of the scope of the actions or recommendations when they do the feedback - at least that's what i was taught when training and what I do!!

Things can change in the QA process however and the inspector who visited isn't always involved in that process, but the QA inspection team do it based on the eevidence provided in the notes.

Cx

The inspector is supposed to give you an idea of the scope of the actions or recommendations when they do the feedback - at least that's what i was taught when training and what I do!!

Things can change in the QA process however and the inspector who visited isn't always involved in that process, but the QA inspection team do it based on the eevidence provided in the notes.

Cx

Thanks catma - hmmm nope nothing mentioned in feedback apart from the forms that I use for 'Two Year Checks' (which are from our LA) don't have a 'clear heading' to identify that's what they are - that's completely cool if that's what i get - very easily sorted! :1b

• Like 1

Thanks catma - hmmm nope nothing mentioned in feedback apart from the forms that I use for 'Two Year Checks' (which are from our LA) don't have a 'clear heading' to identify that's what they are - that's completely cool if that's what i get - very easily sorted! :1b

what about me then lol? x

So an 'outstanding' for you Sunnyday? :-)

I'm annoyed too on the statement alone! It doesn't make any sense and seems as though the inspector was just picking something to put. Hmph.

We are just introducing an end of term coffee morning for the last hour of the last session of he term and doing a powerpoint slide show of photos of all the activities the children have participated in, with speech bubbles for the children's voice of things they said as they were taking part in things; we are also going to have out some of the activities (playing with mashed potato, water tray, alien themed craft, feeding aliens numbers/phonics) so the parents get an insight into what their children are doing and why, so they can extend it at home.

A setting I know does a half-termly 'inspire' session and focuses on an area of learning and invites parents in to share experiences with their children.

Sounds as though you do a lot already, so all I would put on the action plan is that you plan to look at new ways to involve parents by raising it at staff and committee/management meetings, send home an annual parent survey to find out how they would like to get more involved and monitor all the existing 'excellent partnerships'.

Throw it back at them by quoting the report!!

• Like 3

I would take it to mean about engaging parents in events. So things like organising a Christmas party that they attend with their children and special events that parents can attend etc so that you as practitioners can model how to help children with their learning at home,