Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

There are no secrets

Froglet

We were starting to write the inserts for our Mothers' Day cards today and I asked one boy which colour paper he thought his mummy would like. He pondered and then...

"I think she likes pink" he said.

"Yes," I replied, "I've seen her with a nice pink shirt on."

"She has pink pants too." said her son.

While I'm spluttering and trying to contain my giggles he adds, "And some with roses on!"

I'm quite glad that no other children were around at the time otherwise I think I would have been subject to a discussion on the pant-wearing habits of all my parents - would make it very difficult to look at them in the morning!

• Like 8

Oh please can we not go there - we had a spate of children telling us about their Dads having the snip - describing their post operative symptoms and in some cases providing animations - I'm not sure who was more red faced at drop off ( xDxDxD ) and collection times!!

• Like 2

We were busy today with our Mother's day cards and gifts....................when Molly looked up and said 'do you know my mummy and daddy aren't married yet?'...............so i said that yes, I did know that and maybe they would get married one day, but not everyone does. Molly started giggling and hiding her face in her hands, and then said, 'i have a secret!'...............so, i asked if it was a good secret?? She said 'yes and i'm not allowed to tell mummy............' ( had she not been giggling, i would have started to worry here).........so, i said that 'good secrets' can be very nice.......like when we have bought a christmas present for someone etc. Molly really started laughing and said that it's her mum's birthday on Sunday 'did you know that it is MOTHER'S day on her birthday?? 'yes i did know it was Mother's day, but not that it was her mum's birthday too. So..and here, she couldn't keep her secret any longer. 'Daddy has bought mummy a RING and he is going to ask her to get married with him'.................i confess to a small tear at this point. I said it WAS a good secret and I hope mummy really likes it and that she says 'yes' to daddy. I'll let you know how it goes :) :)

• Like 10

Oh that is so lovely , hope mummy says yes , I expect the little girl was dying to tell someone her 'good' secret.

One of girls told us mummy and daddy had gone away , when asked oh where , she replied Norway and when they get back they are having a baby !

In my day it was just called a dirty weekend away !

• Like 1

We were busy today with our Mother's day cards and gifts....................when Molly looked up and said 'do you know my mummy and daddy aren't married yet?'...............so i said that yes, I did know that and maybe they would get married one day, but not everyone does. Molly started giggling and hiding her face in her hands, and then said, 'i have a secret!'...............so, i asked if it was a good secret?? She said 'yes and i'm not allowed to tell mummy............' ( had she not been giggling, i would have started to worry here).........so, i said that 'good secrets' can be very nice.......like when we have bought a christmas present for someone etc. Molly really started laughing and said that it's her mum's birthday on Sunday 'did you know that it is MOTHER'S day on her birthday?? 'yes i did know it was Mother's day, but not that it was her mum's birthday too. So..and here, she couldn't keep her secret any longer. 'Daddy has bought mummy a RING and he is going to ask her to get married with him'.................i confess to a small tear at this point. I said it WAS a good secret and I hope mummy really likes it and that she says 'yes' to daddy. I'll let you know how it goes :) :)

Come on Narnia - what happened?

• Like 2