Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

"working with children's centres"?

Not sure this is what you are looking for but we have one of the children centre workers come in once a month to do a music session or something similar, we also use the toy library and we do training with them when it is available too. I am in regular contact with them regarding children they have referred to us - for our setting the experience of working together has been brilliant and they are extremely helpful and knowledgeable too.

We have 'used' one of their staff members as a CAF lead professional in the past too :)

Our children's centres do a lot with the EYFS settings around them - we have CCQTs who do outreach and the CCs are pivotal in identifying and placing the 2 yr olds. The provide much of the prenatal services. I suppose it can depend on the political will of your LA. Ours is firmly focused on early intervention as a prevention strategy and is determined to maintain a CC in each area.

Cx

We have great links with our closest centre. In fact they came to our last concert to show parent/carers the activities on offer and have just organised some training for parents through another one. Which will take place on our site. Confusing I know but where our setting is positioned allows us access to two. Happy days for us.

Up until last term we also had good links with our Health Centre through the nursery nurse based there.

Sadly she has moved on and I am awaiting news of a replacement.

Hope this helps.

. Confusing I know but where our setting is positioned allows us access to two. Happy days for us.

We two are in between two CC's unfortunately both managed by the same person...so no help there then!!!!! I have complained in the past to the LEA ...to no avail im afraid (goes off ranting ....rumble ....rumble ....paid more than me and my staff.......do nothing.....work part time......grumble grumble......employing unqualified staff rather than experienced practitioners......moan moan etc etc )

Sorry to any CC's who are working well....not happening round here! i would be worried if i thought they might read this but as i have never seen them at ANY training or community meeting since they came in to existence i don't think i'll worry too much!!!!

Maybe that's what needs to happen Finleysmaid. Have your community meetings in the Centre. That's where ours are held.

Makes me really cross that millions and millions of pounds were invested in this, many have closed, others where funding has dropped dramatically and they are having to be very creative with their time and resources.

You grumble away me dear.:(

We send referrals for 2 year funding to ours. I know we could do the paperwork ourselves- but I refuse and the CC agree with this. (well I guess they want to keep there jobs too :rolleyes: )

They send timetables of events etc which we display/give out. They will come and do sessions in the preschool - although so many of the staff have lost their jobs in the last few months I'm not sure this will continue.

Our children centre itself is just an office and they do outreach classes. We do have a good relationship with them though.

Never seen anyone from our CC's either - I have visited them a couple of times a few years ago but they didn't advertise or work together as we were advised they were going to do so I gave up.

Just before Christmas a consultation was sent out about our CC's and I noticed in the newspaper last week that all ours are going to be handled/managed (not sure which or how) by schools. We are slightly concerned that this will give those schools the ideal opportunity to expand their Early Years provision even more - we await news :(

We are based in a children's centre and private run (we rent the space). We have a CCT who supports us and works with us, and staff in the centre have involvement with some of our families, so we're often talking to staff about how they're doing etc.

We hand out timetables for them for events and things too, and we've held crèches for some of their groups in the past.

As a past pre-school lead practitioner and now a c.c worker I am wondering what involvement settings would like as I would be able to pass this information on?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)