Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Intimate Care - policy and forms

I am looking for examples of 'intimate care' forms - both for staff records and forms/slips for parents to inform them that their child has been changed. Is anyone willing to share?

Thank you

Don't have these with me but will post when we re-open.

From memory it's a 'cross out the options that don't apply' for parents:

nnnnn needed to use some of our school clothes today and

changed into them by themselves

changed with adult help

was changed by an adult

There is a slightly different form kept in school which has to be filled in and signed by both members of staff involved.

Children who need nappy changing or routine supervision when using the toilet are covered by careplans or IEP's and we don't report to parents in writing all the time about this, just verbally at the end of the day.

Don't have these with me but will post when we re-open.

From memory it's a 'cross out the options that don't apply' for parents:

nnnnn needed to use some of our school clothes today and

changed into them by themselves

changed with adult help

was changed by an adult

There is a slightly different form kept in school which has to be filled in and signed by both members of staff involved.

Children who need nappy changing or routine supervision when using the toilet are covered by careplans or IEP's and we don't report to parents in writing all the time about this, just verbally at the end of the day.

Thank you marywilliam - that's really helpful; the forms would be much appreciated when you re-open.

Happy New Year!

Town Street Playgroup Intimate Care Policy.docThis what we give out when children start and we record any intimate care in book, each entry on a single page, which is signed when children are collected. We record nappy changing, changing wet clothes, clothes borrowed,any causes for concern, e.g. soreness. We started it as a way of covering ourselves and staff record date, time, child so we can check back on patterns, e.g when might a child need a reminder about toilet,

• Like 1

I didn't know we should record this! Changing is part of our job and we tell the parents at pick-up time if there has been an unexpected accident. If we haven't told them and they want to know, they ask. There is enough to record as it is.

Yes - I couldn't agree more - but I was told at the welfare review (Early Years) that these records must be kept!

(I'm in a school nursery)

We have a daily sheet in the setting that staff fill in each time they change. The record shows time changed wet/dirty and staff member that changed child. If we got parents to sign we would need to adjust our finish and start times just to allow time for form signing.

• 2 months later...

Our under 2's have a book that we've made for their routine info (food, nappy changes, sleeps etc). We put a new page in it every day with the info on for parents, then record the nappy changes on a sheet in the bathroom too.

Over 2's, we record the nappy changes in the bathroom all together on one sheet and thats it. If a child has had a loose nappy or needed cream, we verbally feedback to parents. Same with wee or poo accidents in toilet training children.