Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nearly the end of term!

zigzag

Well done young Froglet! :D

Now could you please bottle some of that 'oomph' and send it down to me!

Time is now 11;15 - nothing much achieved so far today :blink:

Will do my best although a day in town has depleted my oomph stores a little!

Could anyone define omph?

And in which area of learning can the beginnings of omph be found.

I think I may add it to the plan for our return next week.

I wish you all lots of omph and happiness in 2015.

Tricky to define - think it's more a characteristic of effective learning! ;) my godfather once complained that his latest relationship was lacking oomph - my mum shut him up before I found out any more!

Did you watch Call the Midwife? The children in the play wore quite lovely snowflake hats - thought I might try and freeze a frame and see if I can work out how they made them

I didn't but just googled - I think they were a band round the head that had a wider part at the front a bit like a tiara then a snowflake stuck on to that. Very pretty.

You can both do it - I have every faith in you! :D

Thank you - in my case though your faith could be misplaced :blink: so on this day that I have pledged to paperwork - so far I have vacuumed, dusted, cleaned bathroom, sorted washing, given the wood burner a good clean out, mooched about on here, taken delivery of an online grocery shop..........right must get on with it now............or should I do the ironing :D

Thank you - in my case though your faith could be misplaced :blink: so on this day that I have pledged to paperwork - so far I have vacuumed, dusted, cleaned bathroom, sorted washing, given the wood burner a good clean out, mooched about on here, taken delivery of an online grocery shop..........right must get on with it now............or should I do the ironing :D

xD When I have to do school work my house tends to be in one of two states: either a complete tip because I bury my head in the sand, read a book and avoid doing anything or... absolutely spotless and organised because I've done everything other than the work (can always find more though!). I'm thinking of making some chelsea buns or pretzels or trying out a recipe for baked doughnuts I found this afternoon (basically something involving yeast and flour!) I promise that if you get all your work done you can have one! :1b

PS As for my faith in you... am sure it's never been misguided and that you will always live up to my expectations! :blink: ;)

• Like 1

Honestly Sunnyday how you procrastinate (a new skill for 2015? xD ) - I have done the newsletter and housekeeping notes (polite euphemism for my nag list) for parents (including a "strongly worded" piece about keeping small children away if they are too unwell to come in) - having been one of the many who have suffered this rotten cold/flu/coughing fit virus thingy at the end of last term the "Oh but they wanted to come" chorus will be met with short shrift in 2015 xD

I have also updated/reviewed the three policies I needed to deal with.

To do - email out updated info to staff to review / check before uploading to the website

UPDATE THE SEF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Locate and polish halo xDxD

(Get out of dressing gown, shower and have coffee with daughter :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Froglet as for the housework - that has been sidelined until tomorrow when the Xmas decs come down and redistribute the dust and general detritus that is littering my house :blink:

• Like 1

I managed rather well yesterday, I just have the progress matters stuff to do, then I'm done, although I could up date the you know what, but can't be bothered really. Shopped and went to the hall today brought home some of the crimbo stuff we left out. Feels like an ordinary weekend now, certainly doesn't feel like I've been off for 3 weeks!

• Like 1

Yesterday I covered the display boards so each child now has their own 2 foot by 2 foot display square. Did the planning for next week and made a staff rota. Have given key persons time out of session each week and have stipulated that this needs to be kept too, so that they are not taking journeys home and reduces the extra wages. Have also made clear that I expect everyone to help keep the display squares updated as hen I tried this before I was the only one doing it!! This is the start of me putting my foot down and expecting staff to step up more.

• Like 3

I managed rather well yesterday, I just have the progress matters stuff to do, then I'm done, although I could up date the you know what, but can't be bothered really. Shopped and went to the hall today brought home some of the crimbo stuff we left out. Feels like an ordinary weekend now, certainly doesn't feel like I've been off for 3 weeks!

Hmmm - I could update the 'thing that should not be named' - but no chance of that happening! :D

Take it you are back in tomorrow - I remember that you broke up a whole week earlier than me - I don't return until Wednesday :1b I have just a couple of hours worth of work to do - typing up 'progress matters stuff' will tackle that this morning and then that's it - apart from play-dough making! :D Then I intend to spend the rest of the day doing things I actually want to do - visit my mum, a spot of shopping, reading.....lovely :1b

• Like 2

Hmmm - I could update the 'thing that should not be named' - but no chance of that happening!

Still haven't gotten round to this yet - I can't think why xD

A bit of work shopping to get today and deposit at the hall - a touch of playdough making and then I'm downing tools for what remains of my last "day off" xD

• Like 1

Back tomorrow - and have don't-want-to-go-itis! I still get butterflies and a queasy tummy even now - never too old I guess!

Enjoy your last days of calm domesticity everyone!

Edited by marywilliam

Back tomorrow - and have don't-want-to-go-itis! I still get butterflies and a queasy tummy even now - never too old I guess!

Enjoy your last days of calm domesticity everyone!

Oh I'm with you all the way with that, I won't be able to sleep tonight either because I'll be that worried about it all!!