Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

time sheets

Really quick question and I am hoping it is not obvious one so I wont feel silly lol

we have recently become salaried and therefore are paid the same amount each month unless we do training or cover someone who is sick or do extra shift as overtime.

we have been told by committee that we still need to produce time sheet for 'paper trail'. Now I can understand needing time sheet for any adjustments but if we are just doing salaried hours can anyone see why we would still need to produce time sheet?

Edited by Johanna1

Hi, we are salaried but still complete time sheets - i think its something that need to be shown.

our time sheets cover four weeks - the days of each week with time in and out that we are paid for then a column to the right for any adjustments - we just write the date (week beginning) then tick each day that is correct and if any differences to times worked we make notes of these in column on the right. it doesnt take long then we just sign to say information given is correct.

hope that makes sense?

• Like 1

Surely your registers tell you when staff were in.

We just have an adjustments sheet in the office where staff write down overtime and any absence just for ease of inputting the wages. We work adjustments to the 25th of each month to give time to input wages and pay by the end of the month. Any adjustments after the 25th are input the following month.

• Like 1

Surely your registers tell you when staff were in.

We just have an adjustments sheet in the office where staff write down overtime and any absence just for ease of inputting the wages. We work adjustments to the 25th of each month to give time to input wages and pay by the end of the month. Any adjustments after the 25th are input the following month.

thank you Diesel this is what I want to do. For whatever reason we were told we couldn't but I think I will push for this.

this will depend on the employer and how they find it easier to check staff...

Looking at it from a committee /employer view if they want to check each month on staff attendance and timekeeping it is so much easier to look at than finding staff in a register each day .. we did time sheets, and handed them to treasurer each month who checked them.. and added overtime to the monthly wage.. these were then kept with the accounts ..easier paper trail for end of year PAYE stuff to HMRC..

With a pre printed sheet for each employee, that showed the hours and space for adjustments all it took was a check at the end of the month and for them to sign agreement... If they really want to do one ask for something similar..

• Like 2