Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Briefing Session

I am quite cross with this I have just received an e mail from my LA, saying that they still have places for a 2 hour briefing session for Ofsted Readiness, Changes to Statutory Framework (£50 per head) . Nothing wrong with that I suppose, but they say this is VITAL INFORMATION NOT TO BE MISSED.

If it is VITAL, then in my opinion it should be free to all to attend - charging for vital stuff is really poor practice I think.

Vital - is an adjective meaning - essential, crucial, key, necessary, required, important, critical.

Thank goodness it's Friday, I very nearly got over-wrought there!

Edited by Panders
  • Like 3

That's possible they would do that - we had a 2 hour twilight networking/Early Years and Childcare briefing last night and they are going to send the powerpoint out to settings which attended, mind you that could take some while. I had asked for one or two other things before the September start and that was a definite no because that was part of in house bespoke training/assistance now and had to be bought within that package.

The whole paying for training when you rely pretty much on the Entitlement to Funding children is very tricky. I know there are lots of settings on here that have paid for their own training for a very long time and I am not sure where my LA got the money from - used to be from "Europe" now that money has dried up. We have as a small group joined what in this area is called a Collaboration. Lots of groups in local area joining as one to get training in "bulk" for our staff and pay as little as possible each! This takes a lot of organisation and hopefully it will soon start to work for us.

• Like 1

We have as a small group joined what in this area is called a Collaboration. Lots of groups in local area joining as one to get training in "bulk" for our staff and pay as little as possible each! This takes a lot of organisation and hopefully it will soon start to work for us.

That used to happen in our area until the 'powers that be' sussed what was happening, they now state it has to be just for the setting paying :angry:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)