Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Action Plans - How many have you got?

This might seem like a silly question but I am drowning in paperwork and need to get a grip!

I have an action plan for

Staff appraisals & supervisions - this is confidential only shared with chairperson is this right?

Training

Committee

Policy & Procedures

Education

How many action plans do you have? and how do you keep on top of it all??

Not a silly question at all thumper :1b

But has made me think - blimey haven't really got any 'current Action Plans' :blink:

I don't have a committee - so no need for that one in my case.......

My SEF Action Plan - needs an update......

I usually write an Action Plan following Staff Meetings........need to do that.......

I'm sure that you are tired of hearing me say this......but I am never on top of my paperwork :blink:

Sorry - I'm 'wittering on' - in answer to your question it would be just two for me - SEF + 'general' points raised at Staff meetings...

• Like 2

You are not alone...I am never, ever, ever on top of my paperwork and at the moment I feel like I'm buried at the bottom of the pile. Every Friday I think 'Oh I'll catch up with that over the weekend" Then an elderly mother, a gorgeous but naughty six month old Jack Russell and an attempt at a social life take over.

One day...

Edited to say...I didn't answer the question! But same as Sunnyday, SEF (I'll catch up with that at the weekend) and general stuff that comes up.

Edited by Stargrower
  • Like 3

so........spurred on by thumper's post - I have started a new 'Action Plan'!

Note - the word - 'started'!

Read into that - got bored + got scared by how much there is 'to do'.........+ it's Friday :ph34r:

Going out to start grass cutting instead! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Going out to start grass cutting instead! :rolleyes:

I got our nursery lawn mower out yesterday and drew a crowd of onlookers. Then someone said "The lawnmower's doing a wee!" and sure enough it was squirting petrol out from the button that you use to prime it!! :o

Add risk assessment for lawn mower to the To Do list / Action plan! :D

• Like 1

development plans, actions/to do's coming out our ears but nothing titled 'Action plan'

Actions from inspection are on the SEF and the development plan

Do you think when we all kick the bucket and they find out why, they may use 'paperwork drowning' as a cause of death? mmmm :ph34r::ph34r: :blink: :huh: :o:D:D

Having over the years had many action plans from different things - e.g SEF, QA schemes, LA (when they were doing quality audits) etc I now only have one but on it there is a column that says where the action originates from e.g., SEF, QA scheme etc.

It is then only one document to keep on top of rather than half a dozen action plans in different places

• Like 1

You've all made me feel so much better :1b It's only because I hadn't got any Action Plans 6 months ago and everytime I went on a course trainers keep saying about adding things to the plan, that I started to do them.

I have a plan that's from the Supervisions & Appraisals and then think I will put all the others into one but then how do you prioritise it?!

I have a massive to-do list which is down to every thing people ask me to do/ what I need to remember - but then I like that one cause I can add things that I've already done and then highlight it off xD but I've been told it's just a list and not an action plan :(

Maybe if we just add a column down side of the to do list that says 'who to action & when' and then just put 'me, when I get round to it' against everything that'll cover it ;-p

xDxD sounds like a good plan to me

been told that we should also put what the outcome has been for the children .... can't really say that would work with my very basic to-do list!

What sort of big things to people have on their plan? and do the points have to be achievable?

Mine could always have our outside area, we have a very poor concrete area which causes lots of accidents BUT I can't do anything about it there's no way we can afford to do it, and there's no way the landlords can either. :(

• Like 1

Action plan, to do list, list of lists, list of where list of lists are .... Shall I go on ??? ?

I've had 2 wkends of doing NO paperwork and have felt such a sense of relief from it ... But now need to write a list as have got to catch up !!

• Like 1

Having over the years had many action plans from different things - e.g SEF, QA schemes, LA (when they were doing quality audits) etc I now only have one but on it there is a column that says where the action originates from e.g., SEF, QA scheme etc.

It is then only one document to keep on top of rather than half a dozen action plans in different places

Sue it sounds like you what I might be aiming for!

Do you have things like training that's required on it or items for the committee?

Or is that a 'to-do list'?

Guest sn0wdr0p

I have a very long action plan but it's in my head and it ticks round and round in my head. The action point about the outdoor play area has been worked on since five this morning whilst lying in bed. Really cross as it's been a very busy week (with the new play equipment being installed) and I had hoped for a lie in. To be honest it rather annoys me that I have to write it down - I saw what needed doing and what equipment to buy and it's really obvious what I have done and whilst showing the Inspector round I will show them the changes explaining why I bought each piece of equipment.. But no once again more paperwork just to show why and what I have done.

I am waiting for the arrival of my three new play kitchens, story teller chair and wooden seats from Cosy plus assorted other items and more excited about the kitchen than big more expensive equipment that has been installed. It's all cost me a fortune so it's another few months until I can start paying myself.

Ooh looking at a vase of (dying) roses on the sideboard and it has occured to me that I need to keep the petals so they can be popped in a pot for the play kitchen-must go and do that now before I forget.

Sue it sounds like you what I might be aiming for!

Do you have things like training that's required on it or items for the committee?

Or is that a 'to-do list'?

I have a setting action plan which prioritises the immediate needs of the setting in terms of improving the quality of the provision that we provide.

It might include training but only if it is a global training thing for all staff that links to another action e.g., we are part of a pilot programme to improve outcomes for disadvantaged children and as part of that programme all staff needed to undertake a specific training programme so on my action plan the action originator was the name of the pilot programme, the action was the training programme for all staff, then timescales, responsibilities etc.

Another action on my plan at the moment is to improve the indoor role play provision including replacing existing role play dividers with community play resources to improve the quality of the play experiences for the children so the action originator for that is the setting SEF, the action is the development of the role play provision, then timescales, costs etc. With this sort of action, if I were a committee group then I would probably be mentioning the committee in the responsibilities column as you might wants info from a treasurer, fund raising support from committee members etc.

Individual staff training needs are on my staff development plan which is another beast altogether!

• Like 1

I have a setting action plan which prioritises the immediate needs of the setting in terms of improving the quality of the provision that we provide.

It might include training but only if it is a global training thing for all staff that links to another action e.g., we are part of a pilot programme to improve outcomes for disadvantaged children and as part of that programme all staff needed to undertake a specific training programme so on my action plan the action originator was the name of the pilot programme, the action was the training programme for all staff, then timescales, responsibilities etc.

Another action on my plan at the moment is to improve the indoor role play provision including replacing existing role play dividers with community play resources to improve the quality of the play experiences for the children so the action originator for that is the setting SEF, the action is the development of the role play provision, then timescales, costs etc. With this sort of action, if I were a committee group then I would probably be mentioning the committee in the responsibilities column as you might wants info from a treasurer, fund raising support from committee members etc.

Individual staff training needs are on my staff development plan which is another beast altogether!

Thanks Sue - sounds like you've got it all sorted :)

We have an action plan for each room, one for training, one for ofsted (following last inspection that was 5 years ago so useless really), and a management one (this time focussed on EAL).

We keep these, our visit reports, room observations in a folder marked SEF (it also has our online SEF printed out in it. The idea being when Ofsted fianlly show up I can hand them the folder. :-)

• Like 1