Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone else 5 yrs + since last inspection?

We are 5 yrs since last inspection and it's driving me mad!

I know things should always be the same, blah blah, but the tension is reaching fever pitch!

How this is an improvement is beyond me. I want things to go back to yearly inspection with same inspector (like SS used to do) then full EYFS one every 2-4 yrs depending on last.

Anyone else on tenderhooks?

5yrs for us you can't relax the longer you wait the more unsure you become.

We are based on a school site they had their inspection after us and have since had another one good on both occasions ours was satisfactory you think they would have been back by now.

April 2009 here. What bothers me is that I want to share the latest version of our SEF, development plan, policies and progress records, and because both our setting and the children progress all the time, I put a lot of pressure on myself updating all these documents - sometimes in the morning before running off to work.

We haven't been inspected since Oct 2008 and wish they would just come so we can relax a bit. Always going to be doing the best for our children but expecting O to come at any time puts a lot of pressure on keeping everything up to date. The current 6 year cycle for inspections ends in 2016 - is it really possible that they may not come until then. I really hope that's not the case! Maybe if we stop worrying about it they will turn up when we least expect them and that's probably the best approach if we want to keep sane. If we keep on doing things the right way all the time then it shouldn't be a problem.

yes May 2009 for us too. I think we have been forgotten. Every time the door bell rings in the morning I think here we go but no not yet!

I have had to stop worrying because I don't like that dreaded feeling. If I worry when they come I will just be like a jelly.

Like you say carry on the same and take it from there!