Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

flags

I am doing some supply work and I have been asked to make some French flags with a reception class. Thought it would be fun using a variety of collage materials including pulses and rice (correct colours of course). This would make them very heavy. The teacher wants the children to wave them in assembly. Has anyone got any tips and what can I attach them to make the pole. In the past I have attached to 2 straws taped together. Any help much appreciated!!!!

Thin lengths of dowling and maybe the children could use a hacksaw to cut them to length (maximising on your learning outcomes then with a bit of woodwork and measuring xD ) otherwise wooden bbq skewers with the sharp pointy end cut off by a caring adult xD

They'll be too heavy to wave. The paper will rip straight away unless they are really small, or on fabric. Does it have to be lentils? Couldn't it be coloured paper hole punch circles? Or scraps torn from magazines?

We were once given some of the plastic tube thingies used for artificial insemination for cows xD just thought I'd share that........no really they were brilliant we made flags and used them for the 'poles' :rolleyes:

Don't s'pose you can get hold of any of those?! :P

Agree with others you might need to re-think your choice of collage materials........

Happy flag making/waving! :1b

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)