Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help with planning please

I'm planning for the first week back but I havent planned for around 10 years so can you tell me, do you plan for each aspect or choose a couple for the week? Does each activity have to have a focus or can I presume continuous provision covers most of the stuff?

We're looking at classic stories, we loosely planned the Gingerbread man, so I'll read the story, use sequencing pictures, make gingerbread men and have playdough with various cutters. Do I then write in detail what each activity can cover or what I expect our children to achieve?

Am I making this too complicated or has it become complicated since the pink folder?

We have a group of 'focus' children each week. We only have 14 children, so it makes it groups of 4/5/5.

This is how we do our planning but I have no idea if it is right or not! We are waiting for ofsted to visit.

As you can see we don't plan for a particular theme, its just based on individual interests.

What isn't on the planning is our maths area, mark-making and cosy corner as these stay the same most of the time.

post-35585-0-50490000-1401446434_thumb.jpg

Edited by klc106
  • Like 4

Oh I like that :1b

I havent taken much notice of how we plan to be honest, I'm there to fill in until the end of term so I just go with the flow, but I do know the one sheet they use merely lists the days of the week and the 7 areas. Each area has something written against it, such as bricks, climbing frame, sand...ect. I think theres a sheet with detail for the focus activity but nothing about the children and I know Ofsted want to see next steps dont they? Would you mind if I printed that to show them?

For goodness sake, I used to use maths or KUW for a cooking activity, I cant see how it fits now!! Does it, anywhere? :blink:

They also write the ELG on the plans rather than the age band, is that right, wrong, personal choice?

Edited by Rea

Feel free to print and share. As I say, we are waiting for Ofsted so they may or may not like it.

I also have a sheet for each child on their focus week which details their interests, the activity planned for them and their next steps. This goes into their learning journey with any observations from that week too. :1b

Did not want to download and leave no comment. I really like this format, I am always looking at other peoples planning sheets for inspiration. We are waiting Ofsted (last visit 5 years ago) to see what they make of our planning sheets. I really do think it would be so much easier if there was one universal planning format for us all to use!! :1b

• Like 2

I love it - we are constantly changing our planning and are due another meeting on Monday to reassess - we have never found anything that really fits what we want - our latest takes hours to do and although I do feel we are considering the individual child with 40 children it takes an age to sort it all out.

Thank you for sharing and good luck with Ofsted

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)