Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Block Play in Year 1

Hi all, I have been invited for an interview and was hoping someone might be able to help me with some ideas. This is the task:

Tell a short story based around the theme of castles to read / present to a group of 6 mixed ability Year 1 children.

You will have 30 minutes to read the story and complete a follow up task of your choice. There will be a wooden construction kit and practical resources available to support the delivery of the session.

There will be no Interactive White Board or OHP available. The children will not have access to any IT materials.

Thanks in advance

I hadnt forgotten the objective, froglet! Maybe though that will help choose the story.

Have you found any stories you like, Safiyya?

I didn't think you had for a minute! It's the only decent piece of interview advice I have - I'm rubbish at them! I did realise I'd forgotten to say good luck though!

• Like 1

Did anyone else read the title 'Block Play in Year 1' and think it was a new initiative from Gove? You did, didnt you?!

The only book I know with a castle is George and the Dragon, Chris Wormell but I just looked on Amazon for it and saw this too, looks good but I've never read it, The Castle that Jack Built http://www.amazon.co.uk/Castle-English-Language-Learners-Intermediate/dp/1409563596/ref=sr_1_33?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1399668561&sr=1-33&keywords=castles+for+children

Did anyone else read the title 'Block Play in Year 1' and think it was a new initiative from Gove? You did, didnt you?!

:o :blink: xD Well maybe I did....just for a minute or three :ph34r:

can't offer any advice jasminerose - but good luck with the interview! :1b

How about Shh! A giant in his castle. Based on Jack and beanstalk, our children love to role play this. They could build a castle, the giant is asleep in his chamber and must not be woken up, all the children enter the castle they must not wake his cat, his hen or disturb his wife who is cooking his meal, then they find the giant snoring away and you tempt them to shout out BOO! Giant wakes up and the chase is on!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)