Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding Query

By the way Sunnyday, I don't wish it had never been invented as it does help parents, but they should stop pretending that it's 'free,' call it a subsidy and allow us to charge top ups!! Simples! I think that nurseries around the country need to unite and march on Westminister!!

You are completely right and I did acknowledge in my previous post that the scheme is 'hugely beneficial to parents'........I'm not really sure that I believe a 'top up' should be permitted - that does then put places out of reach of some parents.....

In my ideal world - funding would be set at realistic levels :1b

No sorry I wasn't clear, only if they are here for more than three days, so if they do five days they have to have funding mon, tues, weds they can't say they are having tues weds and thurs funded! Does that make sense? So if they just do Thursday Friday that's fine, they get their funding!x

We are still able to choose when the parents access the free hours, so it doesn't have to be 15 in a row and can be the first 3 days if that's what providers want. No doubt this will change soon!!

We say funding has to be taken earliest in week too so if they do full time their funded days are mon, tues, weds and they can only have funding between 9:30-12:00 and 1:00-3:30. They can claim for lunch to join up but very few do. We are full day care x

What do you do then if parents want to come for 2 full days, say Mon,Tues 8-6, do they only access 10 hours of funding? Or are you talking about children who only want the free hours?

Edited by Blondie1

Guest sn0wdr0p

If I added the minutes/hours that parents arrive early with their children and collect them late then that would really cut into the 570 hours for some of them.

Do you record them - I would.......

I hadn't thought to do that but now you mention it I think it would be a good idea. Thank you.

Doesn't the register have to have a time of arrival and departure any more... ours always had a time entered unless it was usual session times quoted at top .. so anyone collecting late (no one could leave a child early unless pre arranged ) had a time entered, . it was easy to see the repeat offenders and regulars..

Doesn't the register have to have a time of arrival and departure any more... ours always had a time entered unless it was usual session times quoted at top .. so anyone collecting late (no one could leave a child early unless pre arranged ) had a time entered, . it was easy to see the repeat offenders and regulars..

That's what we do on ours, anyone who arrives or leaves outside the normal session times has the time marked in red on the register - it's amazing how many are regularly 'just' 10 minutes late collecting......

That's what we do on ours, anyone who arrives or leaves outside the normal session times has the time marked in red on the register - it's amazing how many are regularly 'just' 10 minutes late collecting......

Yes - that's what we do too :1b

Guest sn0wdr0p

Yes we keep a register with arrival and departure times noted on it but I don't keep a separate log of who is not on time and I think it would be a good idea for ammunition for the future.