Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Safeguarding courses

Hi, we are in kent and have recently organised safeguarding training for our setting ourselves.We just phoned our area contact and she came to deliver the 2 hour training to 15 of us. We even 'sold' 5 places to a nearby setting. The cost for the whole training was £200. I think we charged our fellow practitioners £15 each so is it was definitely worth doing.

We did have to close for an afternoon but we juggled everyone who had a funded place to a different session so no one lost out.

we will definitely do this again when we need to refresh.

Ooh Finleysmaid I certainly didn't know about the deputy designated person in our LA., going to check that one out.

I currently cascade all information as our designated person to all our staff after my training, as well as part of our induction process. :)

Do look at the EYFS document for the changes for September 2014 as things are changing yet again, again, again. :(

• Like 1

apparently good practice since the last serious case review attached to a school issue (the safeguarding officer had left and no one had been assigned her job) info i have is that settings are now being asked both by their lea and from ofsted

Hi everyone

I've been reading this thread with interest after taking on the DLP role. I really struggled in finding a Level 2 course (did one online a while ago to at least have that under the belt). So, finally got a place on LSCB Comprehensive Child Protection Pathway (CCPP) - Level 2 which was really informative and I learned alot about the processes involved.

Now, I'm really confused about whether this is THE level 2 I need for my role as there seems to be a few different Level 2 courses!

Anyone know? Thanks

Maybe check with you LA as we had our annual safeguarding visit from our advisor last month and the advice seems to differ from what you guys are saying :-( Our designated person has got the NDNA advanced safeguarding training, everyone else just the basic children protection training. I am the deputy and I only have the basic training too. She looked at all the qualifications and said they are all fine and everyone has what they should. She just made sure we had the correct details and process for our local authority! Is this not right???

Maybe check with you LA as we had our annual safeguarding visit from our advisor last month and the advice seems to differ from what you guys are saying :-( Our designated person has got the NDNA advanced safeguarding training, everyone else just the basic children protection training. I am the deputy and I only have the basic training too. She looked at all the qualifications and said they are all fine and everyone has what they should. She just made sure we had the correct details and process for our local authority! Is this not right???

That was my understanding too - my deputy is named as the 'back up' person with responsibility for safeguarding but she only has the 'basic training' - this approved by our SIP (ah back when we had one that is) - I will have to re-read the Statutory requirements.......sometime :blink:

• Like 1