Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Post registration Ofsted

You can, but there's a sticky bit! You need to demonstrate that all children are making rapid progress. This is difficult if you've only been open a short time. The outstanding judgement within meeting the needs says:

'The extremely sharp focus on helping them to acquire communication and language skills, and on supporting their physical, social and emotional development helps all children make rapid improvement in their learning from their starting points with any gaps closing rapidly.'

We have had a couple that have, yes, but not since the most recent framework. Those that have have often had eg 5 children which is very different from the 100+ they have now!

As Helen said, its tricky due to the rapid progress, and also some of the outstanding descriptors include words like 'embedded' 'consistently' and 'sustained'. How can you genuinely demonstrate these if you are only open 6 months?

Im sure OFSTED must keep data on this kind of thing, so I wonder what proportion of new providers are now getting an O judgment at their first inspection, and how many go on and maintain it. I bet its not that many.

Yes my setting has we were inspected on the 11th February and got outstanding the report went online today. Ours I think was quite an unusual situation, it had previously been a childminders and had got good in a previous inpection. Myself the manager the deputy and two other members of staff had come from another setting where we got outstanding last June, also two children had also attended our previous setting. I am over the moon as it is the third outstanding as a manager I have experienced. I am so happy because I was made redundant at my previous setting when the new head wanted to change everything. My confidence and self esteem took a huge battering not just because of being made redundant but by how the head treated us. I had set the nursery up 22 years ago parents fund raised for a new building and we moved to the local school so it was devastating to leave. I do feel that we deserved the outstanding but I agree Mundia that maintaining it is very hardwork and I know that we certainly can't relaxes. I am so sorry that I have rambled on and on but I saw this post replied then didn't post it but checked on the ofsted site and our report had been put online today so I decided to reply Sorry if this post appears self indulgent x

Edited by Guest

I would say you have every right to wallow in a bit of self indulgence....we all appreciate the hard work involved - well done to you - get that report printed out today ?

Guest sn0wdr0p

Well done littlewindrushes.

My husband lost his job 10 years ago and was told he was 'too entreprenarial' and we were devestated having just had our third child a few months before. His employers were pretty nasty at the time and he had to take them to a tribunal. My husband then set up in competition and now 10 years later he owns 4 successful companies and his previous employers have gone out of business. Each time we drive by where he used to work I get a smug look on my face and I imagine doing a virtual two fingered salute ( I don't ever swear but I just can't help myself thinking it). It sounds like you deserve to feel much the same. Indulge away.

Guest lillybeth

Thank you Freadbear it certainly is a whole team effort they are amazing and we wouldn't of got it if it hadn't of been for them x I can quite understand how you feel snowdrop it is so devastating when people are made redundant I am so glad for you that it worked out so well..The hardest thing for us was we left the other setting with the outstanding they have changed loads of things and not one person who helped to get the outstanding works there now. However we are only a mile away and can rejoice for a little while in our success but the hard work now starts mainlining it. xx Thank you also GlamC

Edited by lillybeth