Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Orders two items by capacity

thumperrabbit

Much the same, but this week had a variety of containers/bottles and food colouring in the water. Put out on a table which we covered in thick newspaper to soak up spills and put bottles etc. in shallow cat litter trays, used funnels and turkey boasters children had loads of fun

• Like 1

I always find the notion of ordering two things really odd, (I know the DM say this), I just think you really need at least three things to actually order them. With just two, you're really saying which one holds more/is longer/heavier etc.

Anyway personal quirk aside, anything really that you can fill will support this. As with all these things, its a good idea if you can find containers of all shapes and sizes to really explore children's understanding of this. And you can use sand and water, rice, compost, flour. Get the children thinking about which will hold more, but also strategies to find out.. it may seem obvious but sometimes we can be too eager to tell children how to work it out when they often have some ingenious ideas of their own, and this brings out the characteristics of effective learning really well.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)