Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Agenda Template

thumperrabbit

I feel we need to get back to basics with committee life

things have got a little 'free' I suppose with a few staff members coming from committee originally and we just get on and do things - primarily because we don't really have a committee!!

So can anyone share their Agenda template please?

also do you send out the agenda just to committee people?

I'm thinking about sending it out to all parents as this might give them more of an insight into what happens at a meeting - we've not done this before, your thoughts please :1b

We don't have a template and to be honest whatever our agenda is I add to it as things pop into my head.

I do only give it to committee but thought about posting it so everyone could see because that was what I just did with the minutes, not that anyone read them ;)

I think whatever works is fine :)

Hi Thumper

I don't have any experience with 'Pre-school committees' - I do however, have lots :rolleyes: of experience with various other committees! :D

I don't know, but I assume, same 'rules' apply - so Agenda for AGM should be 'shared' with 'all' as should 'date, time of meeting'

Herewith some suggestions for your 'Agenda'........please feel free to ignore xD

1. Apologies for absence

2. Minutes last A.G.M.

3. Matters Arising

4. Correspondence

5. Chairman's report

6. Treasurer's report

7. Appointment/Election of new committee

8. A.O.B.

9. Date and time of next A.G.M.

10. date and time of first meeting of the new committee

HTH :1b

• Like 1

:blink: :o having just re-read you didn't ask for an AGM agenda.......so sorry.......more than a little challenged in the brain cell dept this morning!

Anyway - would work the same if you just take out the bits appertaining to A.G.M............and I would only send these to committee members

Right - slinks away - vowing to mind her own in future!!! :ph34r:

Agendas don't need a template, do they? I. Just type agenda at the top of a piece of paper then number each item we will be discussing i cut it out and stick it in the diary - for more formal meetings item one is generally apologies for absence, then minutes of last meeting are agreed and signed, followed by your officer's reports and other items which are numbered ending with Any Other Business.

I would post it to your parents or put up a copy of it on your notice board and If you type up minutes I would be e mailing those and a copy for the notice board. As Rea says nobody appears to read them but I feel it is important for the group. It may even help to enlist members of committee in the future if they can see what goes on behind closed doors isn't so very frightening. Maybe put in something about the children - parents like to see their child's name in print! It may encourage them to read on.......

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

Hi Thumper

I don't have any experience with 'Pre-school committees' - I do however, have lots :rolleyes: of experience with various other committees! :D

I don't know, but I assume, same 'rules' apply - so Agenda for AGM should be 'shared' with 'all' as should 'date, time of meeting'

Herewith some suggestions for your 'Agenda'........please feel free to ignore xD

1. Apologies for absence

2. Minutes last A.G.M.

3. Matters Arising

4. Correspondence

5. Chairman's report

6. Treasurer's report

7. Appointment/Election of new committee

8. A.O.B.

9. Date and time of next A.G.M.

10. date and time of first meeting of the new committee

HTH :1b[/quote

I can see you keep them well in order Sunnyday - no messing about at one of your meetings

• Like 1

I can see you keep them well in order Sunnyday - no messing about at one of your meetings

:o Control freak - springs to mind doesn't it xD

To make matters worse - on an A.G.M. Agenda I would add (notified to the secretary at least seven days prior to date of meeting) next to A.O.B. :ph34r:

Anyway - i have interfered way too much already in a thread that i know nothing about - so sorry Thumper all done with the very best of intentions! :1b

• Like 2

Hi same as Sunnyday. We also have a cut off finish time, so important items get discussed first. Anything non-urgent can be held over to the next meeting.

After a committee meeting a Newsletter from pre-school and committee goes out to all parents/ carers, so no minutes go out. Trying to save some trees and all that if we can.

That said a copy is always typed up and distributed via email to all committee members ( just in case we all forget what has been decided after two hours, hee hee).

:blink: :o having just re-read you didn't ask for an AGM agenda.......so sorry.......more than a little challenged in the brain cell dept this morning!

Anyway - would work the same if you just take out the bits appertaining to A.G.M............and I would only send these to committee members

Right - slinks away - vowing to mind her own in future!!! :ph34r:

Don't ever 'slink away' Sunnyday where would we be with out you :1b

Thank you for your post x

• Like 1

Thank you all for your replies - one other thing to add I was told, rightly or wrongly, that there should also be

Safeguarding Issues

Health & Safety Issues

Even if there is nothing to add; apparently as the committee are our employers then theoretically they should know about these things -now I have a problem with this as I certainly don't feel that the general committee members should know about Safeguarding issues I hadn't really thought about telling the Officers to be totally honest but I kinda understand it.

I say all of that as if I have committee members which I don't, so it isn't really a problem xD

1. Apologies for absence

2. Minutes last meeting.. declared as correct and signed.

3. Matters Arising

4. Correspondence

5. Chairman's report

6. Treasurer's report

7. Playleaders report

8. A.O.B.

9. Date and time of next meeting

so similar to sunnydays .. set a time limit for meeting.. minutes were in same order with a column to action if there was any and who was to follow it up...

• Like 1

As part of our policy on safeguarding, we have a named committee member to ensure the Designated Officer is adhering to all our procedures, ( thats me), so they could be included if required. This would always be on a need to know basis, so it would only be them.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your replies - one other thing to add I was told, rightly or wrongly, that there should also be

Safeguarding Issues

Health & Safety Issues

Even if there is nothing to add; apparently as the committee are our employers then theoretically they should know about these things -now I have a problem with this as I certainly don't feel that the general committee members should know about Safeguarding issues I hadn't really thought about telling the Officers to be totally honest but I kinda understand it.

I say all of that as if I have committee members which I don't, so it isn't really a problem xD

Well we certainly have safeguarding and health and safety on our agenda - but that is for staff meetings, I'm not committee run so would there be confidentiality problems about some safeguarding issues you couldn't discuss with your committee?

• Like 1

Well we certainly have safeguarding and health and safety on our agenda - but that is for staff meetings, I'm not committee run so would there be confidentiality problems about some safeguarding issues you couldn't discuss with your committee?

Yes that was my thought too; this did come from our LEA advisor so......?!

I actually only have a Chairperson anyway who is a current parent, so to talk about these things actually wouldn't be a problem (I think?)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)