Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

ofsted valentines ideas!

Hi

We have Ofsted tomorrow- I was finishing off people who help us and Chinese new year- but think I might do valentines as a fresh - we are learning something new... any ideas?

Thanks!

Card making and writing. If you're not too many, have a letter box nearby and can afford stamps you can post them too. ... which made me think of the song: "I sent a letter to my love and on the way I dropped it. A little puppy picked it up and put it in his pocket."

The children sit in a circle, and one child who is carrying a small basket containing a folded letter, skips around the perimeter of the circle, as everyone sings the song. When the song comes to an end, the skipping child stops, and places the letter behind another child, who then jumps up, picking up the letter. They then both dash around the circle in opposite directions in order to race each other back to the vacated space. The first one back sits down, and the other one sings the song again, repeating the pattern as many times as required to give everyone a go.

Edited by Wildflowers

Card making and writing. If you're not too many, have a letter box nearby and can afford stamps you can post them too. ... which made me think of the song: "I sent a letter to my love and on the way I dropped it. A little puppy picked it up and put it in his pocket."

The children sit in a circle, and one child who is carrying a small basket containing a folded letter, skips around the perimeter of the circle, as everyone sings the song. When the song comes to an end, the skipping child stops, and places the letter behind another child, who then jumps up, picking up the letter. They then both dash around the circle in opposite directions in order to race each other back to the vacated space. The first one back sits down, and the other one sings the song again, repeating the pattern as many times as required to give everyone a go.

Sounds like duck, duck, goose game, which children love to play.

We started off our cards today (pre-school). The children did marble painting with red and white paint, some lovely patterns made tomorrow we will help to cut them into heart shapes and stick to card possibly glitter involved here and either scribe for them or they will write a message.

We are also going to have a big sheet of heart shaped paper on the floor for the children to draw who they love or write etc. on, we have lots of books out such as How much I love You, I forgot to say, I will always love you

We are celebrating Marie Curie cancer care day with the mini daffodils we have been growing.

So we have called Friday show you care day, kind of combining the two.

The whole school will be in yellow and we hope to raise lots of money for this special cause

As for our cards we are printing yellow hearts!!!!

• Like 1

Hi

We have Ofsted tomorrow- I was finishing off people who help us and Chinese new year- but think I might do valentines as a fresh - we are learning something new... any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi - won't Ofsted be more interested in what your identified learning objectives are?

Should I get my coat? :blink: :D

• Like 4

Our valentine week has been threading beads onto pipe cleaners and shaped into hearts , children came up with their own way of developing this instead of the original idea. Heart shaped paper at easel , red , white paint and mixing to pink. Heart shaped balloons and all snacks gave been red or pink themed or heart shaped. We are thinking about people we love , the things we love to do , so activities and provision reflects that , love songs and stories , children coloured rice and added rose scent and made pink and red playdough with heart shapes. Chatterbox is heart shapes, red or pink items or pics or photos of the people you love , tomorrow is sewing machine making heart bags and love bugs made from corks .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)