Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Office at last

lashes2508

We'll finally after 2 years of being at preschool , we finally have our office near completion . It 's amazing what you can do with disused toilet area and thanks to donations of help and furniture we are in. Have spent the last 2 days shredding and sorting through old files and trying to get ready for Monday. Having been down with flu over Christmas has put me behind but here's to a more organised 2014

Apparently I need to be more zen and not hang on to unnecessary stuff ! Pigs might fly , everything has a use and a memory attached to it ! I have made good use of all the ring binders I got from free cycle , my friend gave me an office chair with wheels so I may just spin round in it pretending to do work ! Off now with GF to put up shelves and lock on door and figure out how to get out filing cabinet drawers !!

Love the title FM - loooffice

I have made good use of all the ring binders I got from free cycle ,

Ahah so you are the one that comes and gets all my office stuff I give away on freecycle. I am always amazed that anyone could want the stuff I am getting rid of (I am very ruthless!).

• Like 1

Enjoy your new home. And believe me it will become your home. I am in mine now on a Saturday lunchtime (even if I am faffing around on here!)

I've been ruthless over the Christmas break and thrown loads away. Just back from a trip to the tip...such a good feeling! :D

Thanks star grower , yes it will become my home , but at least it means when I get home , I can leave work at work ! That's the plan !

Mundia , I can't say no to freebie if I can find a use for them , believe me the amount of stuff that needed filing ! Mind you we have found out the filing cabinet will not fit so will be getting rid of that now !

Guest lillybeth

This thread made me think of a funny story. A long time ago when i used to run a nursery in a village hall, we got permission for two year olds to attend. One of the conditions was that we had to have an office!!! This was in the day when social services used to inspect us. An office in a village hall was impossible, however there was was one room in front of the mens loo, Being a very resourceful person I went to the local office supply store and purchased a sighn saying office which I then duly put over the sign saying "Mens" when the inspector came to visit the first thing she praised us on was the office!! It was hilarious so it made me chuckle when lashes talked about using a disused loo area.

Edited by lillybeth