Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fancy dress ideas

Froglet

I have been invited to a New Year's Eve party at which there is fancy dress. I have no problem with dressing up, no problem with looking silly but I have lots of problems coming up with ideas! So, I thought I'd see if any of you lovely, creative people have any?!

There is no particular theme - the people I'm going with are going as Indiana Jones, Princess Leia and someone from Baywatch.

So, any suggestions...

I have been told that the fancy dress isn't compulsory - I could just go in a "wild shirt" if I wanted to but I'm really touched that I was invited and would like to make an effort!

Sunnyday - I wouldn't dream of it! You'll need it for your own New Year's do won't you? I'm touched that you'd offer though! If I do go as a minion maybe I should knit myself a yellow balaclava! I'm still really liking the minion idea although I have no idea how I'd do it. Have got my brother and his girlfriend on the case too. She once went as R2D2 and looked amazing!

Panders - thanks for the suggestion - I'll bear it in mind!

• Like 1

Have to say I felt an overwhelming sense of relief - really couldn't see how I could get through Christmas and New Year without the balaclava - was having to re-think my planned outfits........

:( If the weather forecast is to be believed - I may have to borrow Cait's wet weather gear :blink:

:( If the weather forecast is to be believed - I may have to borrow Cait's wet weather gear :blink:

I may have to get you your own set! Looks like I will be needing it! Do you want thermal? Pink or grey? Perfect ten?

Oh and a hat to hold on to! Crikey! According to xc weather we will wake up to ten centimetres of the white stuff tomorrow! And there's a hole in the preschool roof thanks to the high winds!

• Like 1

I may have to get you your own set! Looks like I will be needing it! Do you want thermal? Pink or grey? Perfect ten?

Oh and a hat to hold on to! Crikey! According to xc weather we will wake up to ten centimetres of the white stuff tomorrow! And there's a hole in the preschool roof thanks to the high winds!

Hmmm - perfect 10 - yeah in my dreams! :blink: Thermal - no not needed - I have my thermal sarong that Helen so kindly made me - purple please to go with the balaclava :1b

Good luck with the 'white stuff' - oh and the pre-school roof - nightmare :(

Hope you all stay safe and warm in this weather. My current thoughts on the fancy dress front are going as a snowflake - I love cutting out snowflakes and could just cut lots and lots to stitch all over a white t-shirt and skirt/trousers. Could make a fancy snowflake headdress too and get some silver glitter out as I'm not sure we used enough before Christmas. What do you think?

Cait - sorry to hear about the roof! Hope you can get it fixed quickly.

Hope you all stay safe and warm in this weather. My current thoughts on the fancy dress front are going as a snowflake - I love cutting out snowflakes and could just cut lots and lots to stitch all over a white t-shirt and skirt/trousers. Could make a fancy snowflake headdress too and get some silver glitter out as I'm not sure we used enough before Christmas. What do you think?

Cait - sorry to hear about the roof! Hope you can get it fixed quickly.

Oooh I like that idea - we will need photos obviously! :1b