Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

child attending ad hoc sessions

Hi

I have a question .... does anyone let children attend ad hoc sessions, say for example a child who was staying at grandparents house now and then but not regular basis. If you do allow this do they just pay when they attend and how do you assess them as they dont attend on a regular basis.

Many thanks Carol

Well I suppose If they've filled in all the correct paperwork, with the parents consent/ signatures etc. however I think I would still want to speak directly with the parents first though - just to fully make sure they are happy with it.

I guess it would only work if the children are settled though and come in happy - I wouldn't think it fair on them if they are not completely confident with you and your staff.

As for assessment I'm not sure - is it possible to say assessments are made after a child has done x amount of hours with you? I suppose you could keep a diary sheet for each session with you- what they did etc linked to the EYFS areas?

It could be an extra way to make a little more money, and I suppose you could charge a different slightly higher rate- as it is additional service to your normal daily provision.

creches do this all the time and they are registered. I suspect as long as you do the paperwork and are on the correct register then it should be fine....of course if you offer less then 2.5 hours then you are fine...no problem and no assessment needed. If the child attends another setting at home then you could ask them to do the assessment

• Like 2

My concern would be how will other parents react to this if they have to pay for a regular place even if child does not attend. Could cause a few issues if challenged as to why xx need only pay when attending.

Equality?

• Like 1

Hi

Thanks for your replies. The parents really wanted the child to come to us but as they live in a different village where the child will go to school they have selected the local group for their child to attend so she can make friends etc. I have met the child and parents and I am sure there would be no settling in issues. I also worry what other parents might say when they have to pay for reserved spaces. It's something I have passed on to the committee as we would need a policy about this.

Carol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)