Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inappropriate hobbies

I have just been laughing to myself as I practise my new hobby. I am learning burlesque and was thinking what would parents think if they could see me stripping off my evening gloves with my teeth and practising my bosom heaving and was wondering if anyone else has any other interesting hobbies which parents would be surprised to hear about. One if my other hobbies is also one which I don't advertise to parents, I collect victorian mourning jewellery which commemorate the deaths of children by preserving locks of their hair in brooches and rings. When I applied to university my (soon to be) tutors were horrified and suggested that I didn't include it in any future early years job applications!

Victorian mourning jewerelly sounds interesting. I enjoy doing my family tree and am fascinated by the Victorian photographs of dead people weird I know.

It is fascinating and also came from looking at family tree and my husband interest in local first world war casualties. I only buy pieces which are engraved and then we research the family together.

......And p0rridge, funnily enough, my husband has paid for my burlesque course! has never even offered to pay for any of my other hobbies

ooh pole dancing is hard work, not sure I have the strength to pull myself upside down. And definitely not as glamourous as burlesque- whats not to love about corsets, feather boas, satin shoes, scarlet lippy and stockings. Its making me feel fabulous at fifty.

ahem!! I am already known as the ferret lady actually and I have made a drunk passerby doubt his capacity for drink when I was spotted walking one! I scared a couple of 'hoodies' too!

Speaking as one of your newly appointed agents - you have no time for posting - rehearse, rehearse, rehearse..........I have entered you and your fishy ferrety friend on 'Britain's got Talent' I need you to be ready!

• Like 3