Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Half-term break!

sunnyday

Happy half-term (for those of us lucky enough to get a break!)

Hasn't it come round quickly - or perhaps not everyone agrees........this first term has just flown by for me and I feel that we have made some great progress with our 'newbies' :1b hope the next 'lot' settle well - they have benefited from lots of short 'taster' sessions this term - so fingers crossed! :1b

Looking forward to - a week of not having to get up early and 'rush around' like one of those 'blue bottomed' flies!

Not looking forward to - the clocks 'going back' and the weather forecast for Monday is making me very 'nervous' too :( and then of course the 'c word' will be on everyone's lips :ph34r:

Anyway - have a good one whatever you're doing this coming week! :1b

• Like 1

I'm going to start emulsioning the hall, landing and stairs, a job I would have stared last week but we had 8 massive spiders in there complete with webbing strung across the ceiling. They all gone now so I can start :D

I'm also going to be looking at everyones job descriptions for changes, additions, removals of stuff, so I'll be on here asking advice because to be quite honest I have no idea what people are supposed be doing!! :ph34r:

as I am not working.. half term for me is avoiding the shops and places where all the children are out and about and don't really want to be there... so cause havoc.. sorry but hate shops with all the children not supervised as well as I feel they should be!

but my task next week... get my sisters present printed, ready to pack... and make 2 simple summer dresses... ready for that c word..

not quite what others will have planned..

as an aside I picked the runners for dinner tonight... still picking them even now.. but expect them to be the last with the forecast.. was only leaving them to go to seed for next years plants..

Aww my half term is coming to an end :( Lol!

I have had a lovely relaxing week though :) the majority looking up ideas for the kids and creating resources haha! I Love it!

Hope you all enjoy your half terms!

This half term has been mentally quick but physically long for me!

I'm starting my half-term with my 40th birthday! Nothing particularly different planning other than family are up so I get to spend time with them. My choir is singing at an apple day event tomorrow.

I have the usual planning to do and want to sort a couple of new displays and a role play area over the break. I need to do a bit of thinking about various aspects of my classroom that I want to improve and I have an observation on the second day back that I want to prepare for. It's my first formal obs for more than a year and although the last one was brilliant I only had reception. Now I have a YR/1 mix again and the last time I had that the observations didn't go well at all! I'm a wee bit apprehensive!

I have various sewing projects planned, need to order a carpet and hopefully curtains for upstairs.

I want to make some cards for that c word - I love crafty stuff but got out of the habit of doing my cards and want to get back into it.

Lots of stuff... can I have an extra week off?!

Oh Helen - Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! (which day - today?, Monday?)

Cards - oh dear - last Christmas (there I said it!) my sister said that she was making some of her cards (for 'special people') - she is very 'arty' so I looked forward to that.......my card arrived, I looked at it and thought 'is that the best she could do - she has just cut the front off an old card :blink: ).........I didn't say anything - she said a few days later "did you get your card" - me "yes, lovely, thank you" :blink: , a few days later my mum mentioned it - so I said "why is she making such a big deal about this"........mum - "you do realise she painted it, don't you" :o:o:o what - no I didn't - on closer examination - of course she had and it was just so beautifully done that i had mistakenly assumed it was commercially produced :wub:

Phone call - to explain and apologise - thankfully she thought it was hilarious!!! :1b

• Like 5

Oh Helen - Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! (which day - today?, Monday?)

Cards - oh dear - last Christmas (there I said it!) my sister said that she was making some of her cards (for 'special people') - she is very 'arty' so I looked forward to that.......my card arrived, I looked at it and thought 'is that the best she could do - she has just cut the front off an old card :blink: ).........I didn't say anything - she said a few days later "did you get your card" - me "yes, lovely, thank you" :blink: , a few days later my mum mentioned it - so I said "why is she making such a big deal about this"........mum - "you do realise she painted it, don't you" :o:o:o what - no I didn't - on closer examination - of course she had and it was just so beautifully done that i had mistakenly assumed it was commercially produced :wub:

Phone call - to explain and apologise - thankfully she thought it was hilarious!!! :1b

First - Happy Birthday Helen :D:D:D

Second - Sunnyday, that reminds me of the time I made some for 'special people'

They looked good when they went into the envelopes my end..... however I think the glue must have been 'off' as once they arrived at their other ends all the bits had fallen off :o:o:o The only person that mentioned it was my cousin who has 7 + 9 years olds, she said the idea of a DIY card was fantastic and the children loved putting it all together xDxD :lol:

When question other relatives admitted they'd been a miffed by my card!

• Like 3

Thanks everyone - it's today! Has been a lovely day so far - presents, cake then a lovely, long autumn walk round Calke Abbey. My nephew and I sang 'Elephants have wrinkles' somewhat to the bemusement of passers by and he kept finding me squishy mud as his mum had told him we'd be going for a walk because aunty Helen likes going in squishy mud.

Back home for lovely tea followed by pavlova!

• Like 1