Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

So touched...

Froglet

Straight after school today one of my little boys came back to me with a box containing 4 delicious looking chocolate cupcakes. When I asked who they were for he said "You. Thank you for looking after me!" I was so touched. His mummy has been very anxious about him coming to school at all, worrying whether he should be full or part time, making friends, being happy, getting cuddled when he's had a bump etc and we've had lots of long conversations.

That's the first time that's ever happened to me and it really made my day.

Specially as I've already changed 2 pairs of dirty pants this week and I'm pretty sure there was another one today but I couldn't get the child in question to admit it needed doing! :blink:

Edited by HelenD26
  • Like 7

they only feed you chocolate cake to slow you down...be warned!!!

I think it's the lack of sleep/general exhaustion that's doing that! Why do I never remember just how hard changing for PE is at the start of the year?!

"Keep your pants on! No, on! Not sideways. Those aren't your trousers, those are backwards! Your shoes? Well, where did you put them?"

Add to that the poor Y1 girl who couldn't find her PE shorts or T-shirt this week (only the 2nd time of changing) and I'm saying "You're year one! You should know how to look after your things by now!" Then we discover her t-shirt in the bag of the reception boy who's sitting near her where he evidently shoved it last week. No shorts though until the end of the lesson when we discover that he's actually wearing 2 pairs of shorts - her cycling shorts underneath his own!

As for the person who first decided that a change of socks should be part of the uniform for PE they regularly get cursed! I manage to 'lose' the socks so children have to say in the pair they wore for school in the first place! ;):ph34r:

• Like 5

We spend a lot of time finding opportunities for them to change into PE kit during last term, down to 5 mins by end of year, saw them coming out of class for PE first week at 1.30, feeling quite proud asked teacher how long it had taken, swelling with pride at anticipated answer and she said "well we started at 12.45" .......WHATTTTTTTTTTTT :'(

But on the plus side they'd put their clothes in nice little piles on their own chair :)

• Like 3