Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nick Cleggs latest

Rea

Guest sn0wdr0p

Well it looks good for us but in honesty as a taxpayer I would resent this. When I had my children (3 boys) I factored in childcare costs when making the decision to have more and I also decided that if I wanted a 3rd I could not afford the childcare and made decisions about work around this. If I could have been guaranteed a girl I would have had a 4th and I would not have expected anyone else to pay for my decision.

I foresee a backlash to the funding for childcare soon.

Interesting read... can see the pitfalls though..

aimed at settings of 25 or more.. no outstanding unless there are fully flexible longer hours.... does this then make a 2 tier system with those under 25 children able to get outstanding without this ...or does it end up with no one getting it under 25 children?

More funded hours...

could mean a loss in income for those who charge more for unfunded hours as it is the only way to survive.. same for funded 2 yr old places.. sounds good, again restricts the income you can actually get... so economically could end up with places closing because they cannot survive on what effectively becomes a restricted income... we found taking only funded children for funded hours restricted income so that we only just broke even, or in most years made a loss we had to cover with fundraising.. extending the hours funded helps parents but not settings..

along with the degree level leaders... where is the money coming from to pay these..

lots to think about there...

I also think there are implications for pack-away settings, we share a building which may make longer hours less possible and if we are to open by 7am I can see a very early start to get all resources out on time. So does this mean (something I have always suspected) that we as a pack-away setting are being slowly phased out but rather than just come out and say it the are just making it more and more difficult to be open!!!

Or am I just a conspiracy theorist lol :ph34r:

• Like 7

Whether or not it's deliberate, Johanna, I do think the changes in requirements and criteria, and resources and remuneration are making it more difficult for smaller PVI settings to remain viable.

• Like 5

Guest sn0wdr0p

I agree Steve,

I am one of those smaller PVI settings and I am having to make some pretty tough decisions based on what I see on the road ahead. It's looking thundery over there and no sunshine as far as I can see.

I dread them putting the free hours up to 20. Wish they would keep it at15 and pay providers more, My families are 2 parent one or one and a half incomes so fairly well off 15 hours is enough for them

Edited by Panders
  • Like 4

I dread them putting the free hours up to 20. Wish they would keep it at15 and pay providers more, My families are 2 parent one or one and a half incomes so fairly well off 15 hours is enough for them

Couldn't agree more Panders :1b

I have to agree, having had to make the heartbreaking decision to close down our small packaway preschool this time last year, I honestly feel more and more of the policies etc make it impossible for this type of setting to run. Its very sad and has a huge affect on the community which I have witnessed in the last year since our setting closed :(

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)